Cafe Manager - Austin
Merit Coffee is searching for a detail oriented, conscientious, and tenacious leader who loves running and improving systems. Someone who is passionate about the pursuit of crafting the highest quality specialty coffee beverages, providing excellent service, and leading a team whose goal is to be an inspiring bright spot in the days of all of our customers. Our Café Managers are responsible for managing operations in our fast-growing company, juggling multiple responsibilities with a tremendous sense of urgency, driving financial success, building great teams, and creating the preferred meeting place in their communities.
Café Manager Responsibilities:
· Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments
· Preparing specialty coffee drinks of the very highest quality, as well as teas and other beverages
· Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and clearly communicate product information to customers
· Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers
· Achieves monthly sales targets/goals.
· Selling retail coffee and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items and educating customers about brewing methods
· Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils
· Learning and teaching brewing methods, beverage recipes, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality
· Updating signage and displays to attract customers
· Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter
· Working as part of an enthusiastic, fun, high-energy team
· Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls
· Performs administrative duties including, but not limited to ordering, scheduling, inventory, and more.
· Implementing and monitoring compliance with store policies and practices.
· Interviews and Hires new team members.
· Leads, collaborates, inspires and trains the café team.
Café Manager Requirements:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Must hold a current Managers Food Handlers Certification.
· 3 years’ experience in food and beverage preparation, customer service, or managing a team preferred
· Training and willingness to pursue excellence in learning about drink preparation and food offerings
· Exceptional listening and communication skills
· Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods
· Availability to work 40 hours per week, around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
· An outgoing, polite, engaging personality
· Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence
· Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position