Department: Maintenance (Non-Exempt) Full Time.
Reports directly to: The Assistant Director and indirectly to the Director and Corporate.
The General Maintenance Worker is responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensures the facility is tidy and functional. Responsible for soliciting and reviewing bids and making recommendations as needed. Performs upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning within the facility. Oversees overall maintenance of the RRC.
Education and Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED required. Two years of experience in general maintenance is required but more is preferred. Must have knowledge with general building operations and systems including general construction, plumbing, electrical and painting. Must have a valid driver’s license and social security card issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration, and be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or another person lawfully admitted into the United States. Must pass the federal background check and pre-employment maintenance test.
Skills and Specifications:
- Ability to use power and hand tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Ability to read floor plans
- Operate motor vehicle
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word,
The Maintenance Worker shall assume the following job responsibilities:
- Maintain facility grounds.
- Life Safety Checks and Maintenance, including smoke alarms, emergency exit signs and egress paths, sprinklers, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, and fire doors.
- Responsible for plumbing upkeep, painting, minor carpentry, electrical, masonry, tile repair, and janitorial work.
- Resolves problems as they arise or collaborate with other trades to ensure high standard repairs/renovations are made.
- Conduct routine inspections to ensure facility compliance with federal state and local requirements.
- Make recommendations for facility improvements.
- Perform minor repairs to structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, roofs, doors, and cabinets.
- Service kitchen appliances.
- Orders required materials that may be needed for general facility maintenance.
- Maintain repair logs.
- Manage linen, mattress, pillow stock.
- Manage hazardous materials, recycling programs, pest control, and waste management programs.
- Manage electrical maintenance program, including inspections of GFCIs, panel boxes, receptacles, room and water temperatures, lighting, air circulation and space (square footage) requirements.
- Local travel may be required.
- Complete all annual training required by the contract.
- Complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Reports any violation of company policy, employee handbook Standards of Conduct, etc.…
- Assume and perform other duties as assigned.
Alternatives, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
WORKING ALTERNATIVES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled