WHO WE ARE:
At Shilling Canning Company, a new Mid-Atlantic restaurant by Chef Reid Shilling, our professional management and culinary team, brings experience, skills and dedication to match those of the front of the house. Each team member shares our belief in the power of respect.
Our service is honest, warm, professional, welcoming, friendly and detail-oriented. Our team smiles because they are happy to cook, and because the quality of our ingredients is prestine and our sourcing and execution is impeccable. There is value in everything we offer and integrity in what we recommend and how we deliver it.
At Shilling Canning Company we focus on local sourcing and careful consideration for how food is prepared, cooked, and served. All proteins are butchered in house, seafood is carefully selected from local fishermen and vendors, soups and sauces are based on the restaurant’s own stocks and artisan breads are baked fresh on-site daily.
The porter cleans and maintains all service-ware and cookware. Cleans and maintains all kitchen areas. Possess a working understanding of all equipment and cleaning supplies.
1. Wash and clean service ware, cookware, pans and cooking equipment. Keep the dish room and equipment clean and organized.
2. Responsible to load, run and unload dish machine.
3. Has an understanding and commitment to the parameters set forth by the Department of Health, and proper procedures (temperature, products, etc.)
4. Keep the dish machine clean and report and functional or mechanical problems immediately.
5. Strive to keep the service ware and cookware organized and in their proper storage place.
6. Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and cookware for the kitchen.
7. Bag and remove trash, including garbage, glass and cardboards to dumpster at designated times. This includes following the necessary procedures for the building in relation to the restaurant.
8. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
9. As directed, clean and maintain bathrooms, locker rooms and storage areas.
10. Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
11. All other duties as assigned.
Ability to put forth maximum effort on a daily basis while maintaining a positive attitude
Must exude hospitality, hard work, focus, execution and friendliness and be able to draw those same traits from your culinary team
Must have ability to take direction and be open to continuous education
Must be able to work as a team
Reasons to join our team include:
Grow and learn in the restaurant profession
Professional advancement within the company
Involvement with Ment’or Grant, Scholarships, and Competitions to further and inspire the careers of our chefs.
Shilling Canning Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: position and experience based
Shilling Canning Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled