Daybrook Fisheries would like you to join our team!
Who We Are
Daybrook processes Gulf Menhaden into fishmeal and fish oil products. Fishmeal is a high protein feed ingredient, and fish oil is used in aquaculture feeds and dietary supplements. The Daybrook state-of-the-art facility located in Empire, South of New Orleans, is well positioned in terms of its access to regional ports, east and west of the Mississippi Delta.
The company’s operations account for approximately 43% of the annual Gulf Menhaden industry catch. Sustainability is at the core of Daybrook’s operations and supply chain model. An integral part of this sustainable development approach is ensuring the protection of Gulf Menhaden fishery to ensure this resource’s sustainability.
This commitment is evident in our adherence to the industry endorsed Fisheries Management Plan, which operates under the federal oversight of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Daybrook is also a member of the Menhaden Advisory Committee to the Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, an initiative that drives the conservation, development, and full utilization of the fishery resources of the Gulf of Mexico.
As a sustainable fishery with global market presence, innovation in product development and a diverse management team with extensive experience in the fishing industry and related agribusinesses, Daybrook has earned an exemplary reputation in the marketplace.
Daybrook’s Empire, LA facility is seeking an experienced crew member to join our Facilities Maintenance department. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of two years of experience in general contracting, plumbing, or carpentry. Further responsibilities detailed below:
- Fields maintenance requests from company employees.
- Installs locks on buildings.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Fixes windows.
- Repairs broken sinks, toilets, and other plumbing equipment.
- Repairs or replaces office furniture.
- Manages grounds keeping duties, such as grass cutting, weeding, and landscaping duties.
- Transports furniture and other equipment.
- Keeps logs of all maintenance work.
- Repairs locks and security systems.
- Orders supplies when necessary.
- Paints walls and exteriors of buildings.
- Performs miscellaneous custodial work as needed.
- Performs basic HVAC repairs such as filter replacement.
- Collaborates with other maintenance workers to determine the best course of action for required tasks.
- Reports to maintenance supervisor with work updates.
- Demonstrates skill with power tools.
- Possesses familiarity with the function and makeup of HVAC systems.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates familiarity with site safety precautions.
- Exhibits solid time management skills.
- Is capable of adapting repair skills and mechanical knowledge to a wide range of different requests.
- Demonstrates ability to operate mechanical and landscaping equipment.
- Can respond quickly and calmly to emergency requests.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others to describe the problem and solution involved in particular maintenance requests.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of mechanical field
- Strong working knowledge of electrical processes
- Knowledge and experience in fault analysis and rectification
- Adhere to Daybrook Fisheries Inc policies and procedures to meet organizational goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrated collaborative problem-solving skills
- Attentive to detail
DAYBROOK FISHERIES, INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled