PSSC FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – The Palm Springs Surf Club
- Palm Springs, CA, USA
- Job category: Finance
- Job Location: 1500 S Gene Autry Trail, Palm Springs, CA 92264
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time, Salaried Exempt
- Salary + Benefits: $80k-$110k + employer contributions to insurance premiums
PSSC is a broadly appealing active lifestyle concept incorporating surfing, entertainment, hospitality, dining, fitness, social events, and health & wellness. Our targeted site strategy is focused on warm weather and densely populated urban markets with a mix of strong local and visitor demographics. PSSC features proven wave technologies by Surf Loch Wave Systems. Our scalable destination concept easily adapted to fit local market character to create a true community focal point and gathering place.
You don’t just work at PSSC. You become one of the best reasons our clients come back again and again. It’s our aim to provide a warm and inviting community atmosphere for our guests and corporate clients. We believe every employee should play a key role in helping to enrich the client and guest experience during their event. This takes a dedication to real, live hospitality and an appreciation for innovative leadership. We are a team, and we act like it. We also believe, as PSSC management, in a commitment to providing a secure and an enjoyable work environment for every employee — one that promotes honesty, mutual respect, personal growth and career advancement for all. Employees also receive access to employee dedicated surf sessions.
The Palm Springs Surf Club is searching for an experienced Financial Controller to oversee the financial activity of a dynamic and fast-growing amusement/hospitality company.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for assisting with reporting and strategic planning for optimizing the profitability of The Palm Springs Surf Club. The position will report directly to the GM and will involve strategic long and short-term financial planning. You will partner closely with the management team and department heads to help create, implement, and maintain efficient and effective processes around financial reporting, monthly closes, yearly audits, and related items.
We are looking for a seasoned candidate who is highly proficient with financial planning, accounting, has excellent organizational skills, and can prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the growing operation. This is an exciting opportunity to join an active lifestyle company that is poised for significant growth.
The position requires excellent communication skills - both written and verbal, along with the ability to utilize contemporary distribution channel management and analytics to support the financial health of the business.
- Create SOPs and policies for existing business to ensure compliance thorough accountability
- Oversee sales, A/P, A/R, expenses, reporting, and accounting
- Monitor the status of all A/P, A/R, and aging accounts to ensure they are accurate and timely
- Prepare comprehensive monthly reports for multiple revenue channels
- Liaise with corporate accounting functions
- Organize, direct and control general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and international consolidations
- Responsible for integration of POS systems, reporting and software implementation as needed to meet business needs
- Liaise with HR department to ensure accurate and timely payroll
- Responsible for all aspects of tax reporting including payroll tax filings, sales tax reports, and other applicable taxes
- Assist in creation and implementation of CapEx projects
- Assist in developing annual preventative maintenance programs with Department Heads and GM
- Monitor and research changes in GAAP reporting requirements and implement changes as appropriate
- Analytic review of preliminary financial results for possible adjustments
- Develop and maintain strategic plans, goals, and objectives to help ensure business growth and operations effectiveness
- Prepare monthly financials, help with due diligence process of possible strategic partnership opportunities
- Responsible for accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain the relationship with the external accountants, as well as manage the quarterly reviews and annual financial and tax reporting
- Support internal audit function
- Assist in the review, procurement, and maintenance of corporate insurance programs
- Present financial performance to executive management team
· Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
· Maintain compliance with loan documents
· Help develop accounting processes, systems, and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
· Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for monthly and/or annual closing; manage the monthly close and related reporting process
· Providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses
· Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts; analyze and report cost variances
· Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
· Champion process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and general ledger activities
· Work on other special projects involving financial reporting, accounting systems, data integrity, general ledger and reporting and optimization, and other compliance issues
· Promote and provide service excellence through collaborative, informed, accessible and professional engagement
· Prepares accounting reports as necessary for General Manager and Corporate Offices
· Prepares budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various department heads and General Manager; monitors budget versus actual expenditures and advises management about variances and discusses corrective actions to help meet budget goals
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
· 3-5 years in public accountancy and/or CPA preferred
· Hospitality/Amusement experience preferred
· Technical accounting experience
· Ability to find innovative solutions while building scalable accounting processes
· Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
· Detail oriented with superior organization skills
· Knowledge of Federal, State, and local income, payroll, sales and excise tax requirements
· Must have work visa documentation to work in the U.S.
- Typical workweek: Monday – Friday
- Some weekend and evening hours will be required
- Work Location:
- On-site at 1500 S Gene Autry Trail, Palm Springs, CA 92264
PSSC recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- PSSC Employee Perks and Discounts
PSSC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & participates in E-Verify.
This job post is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operation of PSSC.