The Office Manager position is responsible for overall front office and administrative activities for program areas including the reception area; in and outgoing mail; vendor relations and purchasing; and grant and contract management. The office manager assesses, coordinates, and facilitates organization-wide communication for optimal engagement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Negotiates the purchase of office supplies, furniture, equipment, etc. for agency in accordance with agency policies and budgetary restrictions. 2. Assists administrative team with preparing reports. 3. Completes bank runs as needed during the week in accordance with agency policy. 4. Manages the reception area to ensure consistent, scheduled, and effective coverage of desk support hours, phones, and communication to maintain a professional image internally and externally.
5. Ensures positive and consistent stakeholder experiences in person, over the phone, and
through other forms of communication. Ensures communications are routed and
messages are shared effectively. Updates phone and communications to inform
stakeholders of operations.
6. Manages and ensures the completion and storage of staff and visitor sign in sheets.
7. Assists in scheduling for persons served, check-ins, and check-outs in EPIC electronic
medical records system.
8. Receives, date stamps envelopes, and forwards incoming mail and deliveries.
Coordinates the pick-up, delivery, and receipt of all express mail services (FedEx, UPS,
etc.). Coordinates the booking and scheduling of shared resources including facilities,
meetings rooms, and technology resources such as projectors or other equipment.
9. Ensures consistent inventory, tracking and distribution of purchases of office supplies,
furniture, and equipment for the agency in accordance with agency policies and
Job Status: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Pay Range: $31,000 - $45,696 per year
Rev. Date: August 25, 2020
Reports To: Executive Director
EDF Classification Manager / Associate
10. Manages the distribution of employee badges and keys. 11. Schedules and completes larger internal print jobs, and makes determinations and coordinates the ordering of bulk printing from outside vendors.
12. Supports staff in triage of IT system issues, provide technical assistance, and is a liaison
with the agency’s IT provider.
13. Assists HR with coordination and facilitation of in-person and virtual all-staff meetings
14. Performs other duties assigned including but not limited to:
a. Directing and assisting with referrals and emergency case management.
☒Communication (written and oral)
☒Cultural Competency (LGBTQ)
☒Creativity & Innovation
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has one (1) direct reports, and zero (0) indirect reports. The positions that report to this person are:
· Peer Leader
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
☒Talk and/or hear
☐Climb a ladder
☒Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
☒Reach with hands and arms
☒Squat while holding weight
☒Push and/or pull up to 50 lbs
☒Lift and or move objects up to:
☐10 lbs ☐25 lbs ☒ 50 lbs
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full time, permanent position. The position has some flexibility in scheduling for meetings and other requirments. Some evening and weekend hours may be required to meet the duties of this position. The schedule is generally as follows:
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
-- – -- 9:00A – 5:00P 9:00A – 5:00P 9:00A – 5:00P 9:00A – 5:00P 9:00A – 5:00P -- – --
☒off ☐off ☐off ☐off ☐off ☐off ☒off
This position requires local travel to complete errands and duties as assigned. In-state and national travel may be required up to 5% of the time. The employee must have a valid driver license approved for airline travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years of administrative experience.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office, and Google Suite Software.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience in a fast paced office environment.
3. LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning) cultural and diversity competency or lived experience.
4. Familiarity with the Ruth Ellis Center’s principals of work (trauma informed care, harm reduction, restorative justice, and positive youth development).
WORK AUTHORIZATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE:
1. Must be able to pass a criminal background check as outlined by agency policy.
2. Have no record on the Central Registry for child abuse or neglect in the employee’s state of residency or employment.
3. Be able to produce a non-reactive tuberculosis test from within the previous twelve (12) months.
RUTH ELLIS CENTER INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled