- High School diploma or higher-level education.
- Three-year hotel maintenance experience.
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and general carpentry.
- Oversee the property grounds, public areas, and hotel guest rooms.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance of the hotel guest rooms, public space, and all related equipment.
- Maintenance Operations:
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, or makes recommendation for repairs, of all mechanical/electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing systems, all building components and furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment in the maintenance room.
- Effectively support the control and management of all maintenance operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies, etc., and seek and suggest cost-saving strategies.
- Guest Service: Work closely with Front office staff and housekeeping department to ensure that the hotel meets/exceeds Evergreen’s and brand standards for guest satisfaction.
- Guest Requests: Satisfy all guest requests/work orders in accordance with the Evergreen training and standards.
- Communication: Politely greet and acknowledge all guests and hotel associates as encountered.
- Safety & Security:
- Perform maintenance functions in a safe manner and without jeopardizing personal, associate or guest health, safety or security.
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing maintenance work.
- Emergency: In case of an emergency, strictly follow the Evergreen safety and security training and protocol.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to Evergreen’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Send a daily end of the shift activity and accomplishment email to the Facilities Manager.
- Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using Empower: Guest Experiences.
- Have a good understanding of all hotel operating procedures.
- Observe the Evergreen appearance and dress code/uniform policy.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings.
- Perform, administer, document preventive maintenance programs.
- Maintain a work order system for the hotel as well as complete work orders on a timely basis.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests to resolve maintenance issues.
- Test, troubleshoot, and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing, electrical components, and other guest suite items.
- Pool/spa repairs and daily maintenance
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Inform the Facilities Manager of any unique situations, or unusual developments in maintenance operations.
- Be willing and able to work any shift, including audit and fill in when other employees are not able to work their scheduled shift.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Willing to take responsibility and accountability.
- Willing to work on weekends and holidays if required.
- Consistent and congruent.