Property Controller - Four Points and Hampton Inn & Suites
Property Controller – Four Points and Hampton Inn & Suites
Argus Hospitality Group is looking for a results-driven and confident Property Controller to manage and improve our financial performance at Four Points by Sheraton – Kelowna Airport and Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton – Kelowna Airport. The Property Controller will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, and implementation and oversight of all activities relating to the financial aspects of the two properties in compliance with local tax laws and SOPs, working under the direction of the Hospitality Controller.
Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a Property Controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The Property Controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Managing accounting records, evaluating, and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, preparing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information
· Preparing and analyzing financial reports, reconciling daily revenues & settlements, processing accounts payables, liaising with Centralized Payroll Accountant on matters related to payroll processing, inventory management and controls, maintaining and reconciling property ledgers and processing month-end close procedures
· Monitoring internal controls and ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks
· Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
· Verify guest ledger and advance deposits ledger and related transactions
· Review/reconcile inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
· Present financial and operating metrics results to other department leads
· Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
· Suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
· Provide technical support and advice on property management systems
· Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
· Review and recommend modifications to other property systems and processes to improve financial results.
· Manage accounting support personnel
· Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast/budget process
· Provide input into own and other department’s financial goal setting process
· Assist with tax audits and tax returns
· Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
· Plan, assign and review staff’s work
· Support month-end and year-end close process
· Support, recommend and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
· Works closely with other functional leaders at the property to ensure financial targets and metrics are met
· Other duties, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A post-secondary education in accounting, finance, or business administration
· Prior hotel accounting experience preferred
· Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals, with proficiency in accounting software
· Knowledge of OPERA preferred
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Familiarity with Payworks payroll system
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
· CPA designation (or equivalent) or working towards
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.