Waterfront Rental Center Front Desk Attendant POSITION CLOSED/DO NOT APPPLY
Reports To: Director of Recreation and Wellness or Recreation Manager
Salary: $15-16/hour, commensurate with experience
Position Summary: The Waterfront Rental Center Front Desk Attendant is ideally a friendly, and organized, customer service oriented, responsible for the daily, monthly, and yearly watercraft storage contracts, watercraft rentals and programs of the Lakeside Sailing Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, boat, kayak & paddleboard rentals, processing money, staying up to date on rental documentation, collecting payments for the Richardson Wooden Boat rides, coordinating Private boat charters and more. The attendant coordinates all waterfront activities with the Waterfront and Sailing Supervisor.
About Lakeside Chautauqua: Lakeside Chautauqua is a family destination that has pioneered the act of nurturing mind, body and spirit for 150 years. Conveniently located between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore, Lakeside offers a robust summer programming season packed with cultural, educational, spiritual and recreational opportunities. Within the one-square-mile community, you’ll find hundreds of unique Victorian cottages, a concert auditorium, arts center, historic waterfront hotel, movie theater, pool, tennis, sailing, shopping, dining and much more. Join our team this year to help Lakeside celebrate its 150th Anniversary. For more information, visit lakesideohio.com/employment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Uphold Lakeside’s Mission Statement, and personally represent its goals and values at all times while on the Lakeside grounds.
· Provide general Lakeside information to guests and forward questions and concerns to proper departments
· Be knowledgeable of the events, programs, and the history and mission of Lakeside.
· Maintain basic understanding of Computer systems and registration software in order to process guest transactions and registrations
· Open/close cash drawer as needed; manage cash and credit transactions.
· Process and input daily rentals into a shared document to communicate in real time with Waterfront Rental Center Attendants
· Maintain clear communication with the Waterfront Supervisor, rental and sailing staff regarding rentals, customers’ special needs, schedules and any program related issues
· Manage documentation and transactions as they relate to chair rentals, fishing license, watercraft storage, and retail sales. guests
· Handle reservations and transactions for several activities, including, but not limited to: rentals for Sunfish sailboats, kayaks and standup paddleboards, registration for wooden boat cruises, sign up for sailing lessons, sign up for pond boat building class, etc
· Register participants for recreation events
· Manages cash drawer and reconcile daily
· Follows Lakeside Chautauqua's daily deposit procedure
· Other duties as assigned
· Mature high school graduate or older
· ability to clearly communicate with customers and other employees
· Guest service experience preferred
· Administrative and date entry experience in a retail-type environment is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
How to Apply: Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
Environment & Physical Demands:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Each position will choose from any or all of the following:
· Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the operation or residents and guests of the property.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems d deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, climb or balance. Specific vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus are required. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and material up to 50 pounds with assistance. Must be able to climb ladders. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, cold, humid, hot, very hot, conditions and will be required to work outdoors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.