FAO Schwarz Cleaner
Join the FAO Schwarz team and be a part of our World of Wonder! ThreeSixty Group acquired FAO Schwarz in 2016 and has enthusiastically brought the FAO Schwarz Flagship Store back to life in New York City at Rockefeller Center!
FAO Schwarz, founded in 1862, is one of the oldest and most iconic toy brands in the world. FAO Schwarz has always been synonymous with quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of kids. The fondness associated with FAO Schwarz is wrapped up in the theatre of it all. It’s more than just toys, it’s the deep nostalgia for toys that come to life as kids of all ages enter the store. A visit to FAO Schwarz means much more than a trip to a toy store. With the anticipation and excitement of a special occasion, FAO Schwarz never fails to deliver a feast for the senses – exciting adults and children alike.
We are seeking, highly motivated and versatile cleaner to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and organization by carrying out all cleaning and maintenance duties. Our goal is always present our store in optimum conditions so that every customer that walks into our store has the most comfortable engaging shopping experience possible. The Cleaner position will report to the Facilities Supervisor.
What You’ll Do:
- Clean, stock and supply designated store areas including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents and restroom cleaning
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities including bathrooms and trash removal
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies, needs for repairs, low supplies levels and equipment replacement
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with the rest of the store staff and management
- Follow all health and safety regulations
What We’ll Expect You to Have:
- 5+ years related work experience
- Ability to work well with others and take initiative when the need arises
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with a sense of perfection that will keep the store always looking spotless.
- Takes initiative and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Expect to engage with customers throughout the day
Why You Should Work for Us
- We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
- You’re never treated like a number or task, you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
- Growth opportunities are everywhere