At ELTA North America, we provide innovative electronic technologies for the United States government to help them achieve their security and defense missions.
From ground vehicle radars to airborne sensors, ELTA North America (ELTA NA) designs, develops, and delivers cutting-edge solutions for local, state and federal agencies across multiple domains and applications. Our team members work collaboratively to solve the U.S. Government's most complex and advanced defense and homeland security challenges. We are looking for individuals who are equally passionate about our customers and their missions to join our growing company. We invite qualified persons to apply for the position of Director of Business Development, Airborne Systems.
Summary This position is responsible for business
development to achieve sales targets through pursuit and capture of federal
contracts for airborne sensor systems in the Defense sector, with primary focus
on US Air Force programs. The qualified candidate will have working
understanding of US Air Force acquisition process, and access to USAF
stakeholders and aircraft and UAS primes.
Responsible for business development
activities including development of sales approaches and resources and serving
as Capture Lead for all airborne systems pursuits. This position reports directly to the Vice President,
Strategy & Business Development.
Location Ideally located remote in proximity to Wright-Patterson
AFB, but with consider other remote locations for the ideal candidate. Company is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop pursuit and capture strategies that enable
increased penetration in target organizations and activities
- Establish strategies that enhance Pgo and Pwin of ELTA
North America new business initiatives
- Lead capture activities to include win strategy, price to
win, and competitive assessment
- Own the customer relationship - Act as the 'voice of our
customer' to communicate customer demands, offer needs, and market realities
- Plays an active role in bid and proposal process for all
- Assist senior management and program management staff in
understanding the relevant operational mission requirements that ELTA North
America must address to win new business in their cognizant areas
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (B.A. or B.S. in a technical discipline) or equivalent from a four-year college or university or DoD equivalent institution.
- 8+ years in aerospace/defense industry, with background in engineering, program management, business development, capture management, and/or similar disciplines, with exhibited progression
- Successful track record of prospecting, researching, and qualifying targets, generating sales reports, sales pipelines and funnel management for new business opportunities. Experience identifying, qualifying and winning contracts
- Proven background of sales within the Federal and DOD government space with extensive base of contacts and connections in UAS and/or fixed wing program offices and primes, and proof of substantial business wins in the Defense sector over the past 5 years
- General understanding of defense contractor business development processes
- Current, or ability to obtain S, TS, or TS/SCI security clearance
ELTA North America is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled