When it comes to being helpful, Karsten’s Ace is the place! Come and join us as we fulfill our mission to provide our customers with Amazing shopping experience!
We are family-owned and part of a worldwide group of over 4,600 Ace retail stores committed to winning customers through amazing customer experience. At Karsten’s Ace Hardware, we appreciate the team members that have helped us to build a strong, service-oriented reputation with a real commitment to being active members of the community.
Are you interested in joining the team and making a difference? Are you service-focused and community-centered? Do you have what it takes to be part of a team that supports and develops others as well as yourself? Karsten’s Ace Hardware is currently looking for a RECEIVER at our PHOENIX, Arizona location. To be an effective team member you need to be trustworthy, respectful, service-minded individual that is passionate and dedicated to serving your team and the community.
Located on 32nd Street and Shea, we serve our neighbors in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and beyond.
We invite you to come to see for yourself what makes us unique and such an integral part of the community. Please take a serious look at this exciting opportunity and learn what it is to be part of a great team.
The primary responsibilities of the Receiver/Backroom Coordinator position are to ensure the efficient flow, tracking, and accuracy of all inventories, in and out of the backroom. This includes any/all deliveries and all related processes and paperwork.
- Unload and load trucks in safe manner
- Receive and sort Ace order using the Ace sort process
- Operate a forklift or pallet jack safely and efficiently
- Separate Special Orders from delivery and process according to store policy
- Tag all required items with security tags (if applicable)
- Establish and maintain strict organization standards in the backroom
- Ensure all inbound merchandise is checked in per store procedures
- Maintain organized and accurate files for all paperwork related to the backroom
- Oversee the proper procedures for all inter-store transfers
- Process all damage claims according to store policy and maintain related paperwork
- Follow up on all damage claims and returns to the Retail Support Center in a timely manner
- Maintain all backroom tools and supplies as necessary
Education/Training: High School diploma, some college preferred. Posses a vast product knowledge of consumable products along with a willingness to learn.
- Experience in a retail environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate, relate well, and direct the work of others
- Ability to solve problems, work independently, and check accuracy
- Knowledge of Epicor retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel is a plus.
- High attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
- Must be able to lift 50 - 80 pounds frequently
- Must wear a black belt at all times and proper lifting techniques used
- Must be able to operate heavy machinery
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
Karsten's ACE Hardware is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled