This position provides direct care and manages the day to day operations of the childcare center. The Childcare Center Director (CCD) is required to keep the center in compliance with local, state, and federal program regulations. The CCD is also required to provide supervision to support staff.
- Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
- Provide direct service within the classroom.
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure those center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents/ caregivers regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Onboard new children.
- Attends required staff meetings, training or conferences.
- Participates in agency work teams as assigned.
- Meets regularly with immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 90 clock hours of approved early childhood coursework
- Teaching certificate from MSDE as a teacher for Nursery-Grade 3.
- At least 9 clock hours of approved training in continuing with staff, parents, and the public
- 3 clock hours in ADA Compliance
- One year of experience working with preschoolers in an approved setting.
- One year of experience working within an urban setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of child development and parenting skills
- Computer word processing-Microsoft Office