FAO Schwarz Loss Prevention Store Greeter – Direct to Consumer
Our Story so far Founded in 1862, F.A.O Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America’s oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 150 years.
Our Vision is that we passionately curate an ever-evolving World of Wonder brought to life through our extraordinary people, experiences and products to create everlasting memories for all.
We drive quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of children. We are more than a toy store. We are a place where toys come to life.
We have mastered the art of showmanship and grand merchandising, and we are pioneers of crafting the concept of in-store experiences which are driving the future of retail today.
Passion - Do what you love and love what you do.
Engaging - Make the first move.
Integrity - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Collaborative - Support each other, win as a team
Adaptability - Roll with the Punches!
Driven - Be BOLD and go BEYOND
Accountability - Own it!
The loss prevention store greeter role will be responsible for preventing shoplifter theft as well as employee theft within the store. Loss prevention store greeters will provide a safe environment for our team members and customers and prevent shortages. The loss prevention greeter will drive the safety culture as it relates to responding to safety events, investigating and resolving theft.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Support sales by welcoming and engaging Customers and team members at the front of store and on the sales floor.
- Lead a physical security culture for our team members and customers by assessing and maintaining safe and secure standards throughout the store.
- Respond to and accurately document security incidents.
- Understand and leverage escalation tools for customer issues in order to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and customers.
- Conduct productive merchandise recoveries through providing great customer service.
- Prevent theft and shortage at the front of store by performing receipt checks for exposed high-dollar merchandise.
- Submit appropriate documentation in the system for all incidents following AP policy and procedures.
- Teach and train team members on operational shortage focus area opportunities as directed the leadership team.
- Execute shortage action plans set by AP leadership to minimize shortage in focus areas.
- Model working safely while maintaining a clean store for guests and team members.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the customers.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
- Skills using intelligence-led tactics to keep team members and guests safe and secure
- Experience in crisis response, safety and crowd management; providing support to both guests and team members
- Skills in de-escalation as well as experience with recovering stolen merchandise to prevent shortage
- Ability to properly document cases using industry case management systems
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Meet any state or local licensure and/or other legal requirements related to the position
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Effective communication skills
- Work both independently and with a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Why You Should Work for Us
· We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
· You’re never treated like a number or task; you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
· Growth opportunities are everywhere
· Highly competitive benefits
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact Site Human Resource Manager or Flagship Store Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.