Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The Revenue Manager is responsible for implementing revenue management strategies and processes across all ICONA Resorts properties, to optimize and maximize its revenues. The goal is to embed a culture of revenue management and achieve a target growth rate between 10% and 25% annually.
1. Implements revenue management operations, procedures, and best practices to optimize Revenue.
2. Performs competitive benchmark studies to follow market trends and identifies new revenue opportunities.
3. Creates and develops pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
4. Creates and maintains a 13-month rolling demand calendar.
5. Produces property-level business reporting of all relevant performance KPIs on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
6. Analyzes overall monthly hotel performance and provides a summary report with recommendations to improve long-term strategies.
7. Acts as overall business development consultant for the hotel manager/owner.
8. Assist in the preparation of competitive analysis and other supporting documents for presentation at market sales strategy meetings. Assist in managing room authorizations, rates, and restrictions, including communicating rate restrictions and strategy to properties.
9. Responsible for best practice standards to include competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts.
10. Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
11. Manages and oversees strategy for all 3rd party distribution.
12. Builds and maintains strong working relationships with General Managers at hotel level.
13. Provides periodic dynamic forecast of expected results, variances, and budget comparisons.
14. Oversees and audits the standards and operations of the reservations department.
15. Work in liaison with sales and reservations departments as a team.
16. Prepares outlines for and supports the annual revenue budget process.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
18. Attends weekly Aloha Culture Meetings.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent guest service skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• High level of motivation, determination, and commitment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems (i.e., recordkeeping and filing).
• Ability to work independently.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in an office/hotel setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team members are regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
• Stand- Under 2/3rd of the time.
• Walk- Under 2/3rd of the time.
• Sit- Over 2/3rd of the time.
• Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time.
• Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time.
• Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
• Stop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
• Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time.
• Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time.
• Adherence to all policies and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
There is less than 20% travel.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor or master's degree in Business Administration, Finance & Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
• 3-5 years of hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience.
• A deep understanding of hotel industry revenue management techniques.
• A strong command of both written and spoken English is required.
• Highly computer literate with a high-level command of Microsoft Office, specifically with Excel.
• Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team members for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.