Job Title: Forklift
Location: Main Location
Reports To: Bottle Line Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Forklift Operator is responsible for loads and unloads, empty
and full product pallets. Delivers
finished product to the warehouse, storing it in its designated space. This position will follow standard work
methods and practice safe work habits.
and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate a forklift in a safe and orderly manner.
- Operate the de-palletizer, palletizer, and
stretchwrapper according to the SOP guidelines.
- Receives and stores incoming items according to
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping according to
- Maintains cleanliness of work area, around
warehouse and dry good storage area (cleans up any product and/or container
spills; disposes of trash).
The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
- Flexible to work a rotating schedules as
business needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
- Position requires standing for long periods of
time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and
materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body
and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Very high noise levels in/around bottling line
(ear protection required).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective
Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others
This position does not require
any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Forklift experience required, ability to pass
Forklift Driving Skills test.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety
policies and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when
there is a problem.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled