Do you like making genuine connections with people? Do you want a job where you can see that you are making a difference? Come work for one of BC’s top not-for-profit societies.
Phoenix is working with BC Housing and Fraser Health to support those experiencing homelessness and impacted by COVID 19.
We are currently seeking a Mobile Support Worker to be part of an integrated services team, responsible for providing day-to-day support, supervision, and monitoring of residents in the Phoenix Isolation Shelter.
- Monitoring homeless residents that are required to self-isolate due to COVID 19 and do not need to be hospitalized.
- Follow recommendations from BC Housing, Fraser Health, BCCDC and medical professionals on monitoring daily activities of residents.
- Promote good relations (builds rapport and trust, shares information with others, accepts and expresses suggestions or feedback in a positive, constructive manner, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others).
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff in the integrated services model.
- Administrative tasks such as
- Assisting with case documentation
- Database entries
- Preparing new client files
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) year diploma from a post-secondary education and training relevant to the social services field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Recent related experience of at least one year
- Knowledge/familiarity with related resources such as: Mental Health, Income Assistance, Harm Reduction, Addictions Support organizations, etc.
- Ability to apply trauma-informed practices
- Crisis Intervention and Naloxone training is an asset
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations
Schedule: On-call, casual.