The role of a Mercantile Manager/ Retail Buyer is to deliver an exceptional customer store experience through knowledgeable, friendly and efficient service as well as purchase retail for both the Lodge at Whitefish Lake and the Firebrand Hotel. Candidates applying must be available to work Full Time (40+ hrs/week), available to work weekends and some evenings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- · Develop a full working knowledge of Point of Sale system used in the Mercantile: Its capabilities, how they apply to operations, and how to resolve problems with hardware and software.
- Develop a full working knowledge of inventory control system including receiving, entering new stock, running reports and using reports to determine reorders.
- Manage sales while running the store:
- Greet customers and engage them in conversation
- Help customers find, fit, and purchase clothing
- Develop product knowledge and use knowledge to assist customers and answer questions about all products, especially jewelry, artwork and clothing.
- Maintain a neat and well organized store by shelving, arranging clothing by style and size, dusting and restocking shelves, restocking all products sold before the end of shift, and cleaning and dusting as necessary to maintain the look of a high-end boutique
- Merchandising and displaying product by replacing sold items in their previous places, changing manikin displays weekly, and developing new displays. Maintain all displays throughout the store.
- Maintain merchandise inventory through regular check of back stock and sales.
- Conduct inventory on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Process invoices per procedures.
- Assist in selection of new products. Place orders for new and restock items to maintain inventory levels.
- Enter new merchandise into system as it is received, per mercantile procedures manual.
- Continually keep lines of communication open with senior management.
- Responsible for payroll management of the mercantile.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, and on-the-job training of all new employees.
- Staff coaching and development.
- Retail ordering & Merchandising for additional properties as needed.
- Responsible for holiday décor ordering & physically styling/decorating of properties.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Minimum 2 years Retail Leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong merchandising skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
AVERILL HOSPITALITY is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled