PRIMARY FUNCTION: Part-Time
Provide regular clerical and administrative support to the Club Director and the Club. Maintain membership database and prepare related reports. Provide excellent customer service to members, families, and visitors. Bilingual in Spanish and English highly desired.
- Acknowledge every member, parent, and visitor upon entering and leaving the building.
- Maintain membership database and provide reports as needed.
- Direct and supervise the flow of members in the facility.
- Assign, log and distribute membership and replacement cards as needed.
- Collect, log and report membership dues and other monies as collected to the Club Director.
- Maintain accurate records and files and prepare required reports.
- Ensure Club staff is progressively trained to utilize all components of COMET membership database
- and other data management systems.
- Evaluate Club Vision MTS and/or other data management implementation processes.
- Promote and stimulate a member’s interest in daily activities.
- Maintain proper phone etiquette, answer all phone calls and take messages as needed.
- Recommend and requisition supplies that are needed for the membership area.
- Work with all staff on special events when necessary to carry out other programs in core areas.
- May be assigned special projects by the Club Director.
- Must participate in the after-school pick-up program if necessary.
- Must assist with the outreach of new members.
Internal: Maintains close daily contact with Club staff and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions.
External: Maintain contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquires or as instructed by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is preferred.
- Two years’ related experience working with youth/family oriented agencies.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with youth.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products and database management.
- Must be able to demonstrate the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston, Inc. programs and philosophy.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred (may be required at some Club locations.)
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled