Title: Residential Program Advisor – Full-Time and/or Part-Time
Reports to: Director of Residential Programs
Residential Program Overview:
Our residential program seeks to address the needs of men and women caught in the cycle of incarceration. We maintain three dormitory style residences for those recently released from prison, who enroll in a twelve month educational and discipleship program. The program is designed to provide an environment and structure for men and women to experience God’s grace, hope, and transformation.
A Residential Program Advisor is to be a mature Christian who has the desire and ability to mentor, invest and guide women who have been incarcerated. She must be willing to attend to the moral, spiritual, mental, physical and character development of the residents. This includes providing case management, intake, supervision, instruction, teaching, administration and actions related to the oversight and guidance of the residents.
She must exemplify Christ by conveying appropriate behaviors and values to residents in attitude, speech, and actions. She assists in the personal and spiritual development of our residents by working alongside them in their pursuit of life transformation. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to motivate, encourage and hold residents accountable to the standards of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to residents and a safe environment through active listening, mentoring, mediation, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and prayer. Hold residents accountable and ensure their compliance to the program.
2. Observe the behavior, attitude and interactions of the residents. Complete daily status reports, monthly resident reviews, and help residents stay on course with program goals.
3. Drive residents to work, appointments, activities, and events as needed in Liberty Ministries vehicles. Keep accurate mileage logs for all vehicles.
4. Invest in relationships with the residents while teaching them practical life skills, providing spiritual direction, and helping them pursue their goals.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
1. Be a committed Christian, supportive of the mission of Liberty Ministries, and is in agreement with the Liberty Ministry’s Statement of Faith.
2. Demonstrate a passion for the hearts and lives for those who have been incarcerated. Able to display God’s love to people from all walks of life and hold men accountable for their actions.
3. Display strong leadership abilities by working well with people and having good listening, speaking, and writing skills.
4. Have a demonstrated proficiency with personal computers, office software, email, smartphone technology, texting, and adopting new technology as needed by the ministry.
5. Be professional in appearance and practice good personal hygiene. Project a positive attitude.
6. Have a current PA Driver’s License and driving record that qualifies for insurance coverage with Liberty Ministries’ vehicle insurer.
7. A degree in counseling or bachelors degree is a plus.
8. Be in good physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
Hours: Part-time and/or Full-time hourly or Salaried. Working different shifts, including weekends, is mandatory. Working a flexible schedule is required.
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled