REPORTS TO: Store Manager & Director of Thrift
Liberty Ministries exists to serve offenders in prison and ex-offenders in the community by showing
God’s love, providing practical assistance, and supporting Biblical standards of justice.
Manager in training is accountable to the Mentor Store Manager and the Director of Thrift during their
training period. During their designated time of training they will be placed into stores and processing
centers to learn all aspects of Liberty Ministries Thrift. Upon the completion of their training, the MIT will
receive a permanent placement in a store in which the management role will be determined based on
open positions. Regular evaluations will take place by the Store Manager and Director of Thrift to
determine progress. The MIT must have the ability to relocate to any Liberty Ministries Thrift location.
JOB FUNCTIONS LEARNED & DEMONSTRATED WHILE IN TRAINING:
1. In partnership with the Store Manager, the MIT has the responsibility to schedule deliveries,
discounts, questions, donations, truck pickups, accepting donations, processing donations,
mediating conflict, etc.
2. Overseeing the product flow and processes from donation to the sales floor.
3. Overseeing the receiving of donations according to guidelines.
4. Have full understanding of the P.O.S. system including ringing sales, running reports, entering
voids and performing returns.
5. Ensures that cash control procedures are closely followed.
6. Close out register if working the end of the day shift and complete appropriate paperwork.
7. Create and maintain presentable displays of clothing, furniture, home decorations, etc.
8. Engage with community service, volunteers, and staff to remain productive and efficient and
free from distraction.
9. Help in the training process for new employees.
10. Interacting with Liberty House and Ann’s House staff to help assist with the development of
11. Attend and occasionally lead morning prayer circle and staff meetings.
12. Make sure stock and inventory is constantly rotating yet remaining full.
13. Must follow all of Liberty Ministries Thrift policies and procedures.
14. Interact with customers in a friendly, Christian manner. Resolve customer conflict in a manner
that is respectful
15. Identify store systems and abide by them.
16. Keep employees accountable to the work that needs to be completed.
17. Perform progressive discipline as needed.
18. Control inventory levels in store and backroom of priced product and of purchased
19. Promote and create a safety culture.
20. Train, orientate, coach, supervise and correct staff and volunteers.
21. Write and deliver employee appraisals.
22. Manage controllable expenses. (i.e. Trash, Payroll, Supplies)
1. Promote and uphold the Christian culture that is supportive and reflective of the mission of
2. Must have good organizational skills.
3. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds.
4. Must be able to communicate clearly in English, including reading, writing, and counting.
5. Must be able to operate store equipment efficiently, including cash register.
6. Must be neat in appearance and practice good personal hygiene.
7. Must be in good physical and mental health with emotional maturity and stability along with a
sense of humor.
8. Must be flexible if schedule demands and willing and able to function in as many capacities as
9. Should be good at motivating employees.
10. Must have a good customer service attitude.
11. Needs to be able to take instruction as well as give instruction.
12. Must be able to function independently as well as working as a team.
13. Should have an eye for merchandising.
14. High ethical ability to follow policies and procedures of Liberty Ministries.
15. Must be able to communicate professionally on a management team.
16. Committed and flexible to work the hours needed that best suites the store and needs to be
reachable off hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or greater.
Managing experience recommended.
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled