Reports To: Sr. Director of Marketing
Position Summary: The Videography Intern is responsible for shooting and editing video content daily. This individual should have experience shooting both indoors and outdoors, making creative decisions and demonstrating aesthetic and technical skills. This internship requires a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, as well as video shooting and editing skills. The intern’s work may be featured on the Lakeside Chautauqua website, social media channels and various advertisements.
Please note: This internship runs from May – August. This internship also requires flexibility, as the intern is expected to work days, some evenings and weekends, and all summer holidays, including Memorial Day weekend and the Fourth of July.
About Lakeside Chautauqua: Lakeside Chautauqua is a family destination that has pioneered the act of nurturing mind, body and spirit for 150 years. Conveniently located between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore, Lakeside offers a robust summer programming season packed with cultural, educational, spiritual and recreational opportunities. Within the one-square-mile community, you’ll find hundreds of unique Victorian cottages, a concert auditorium, arts center, historic waterfront hotel, movie theater, pool, tennis, sailing, shopping, dining and much more. Join our team this year to help Lakeside celebrate its 150th Anniversary. For more information, visit lakesideohio.com/employment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Film, edit, and post weekly testimonial videos
· Capture video content, based on programming schedule including community events, evening concerts, lectures, recreational activities, children’s programming, worship services, and more.
· Edit, upload, and organize all content to Dropbox
· Generate 2-3 short vertical videos for social media per week
· Write outlines or scripts for videos as needed
· Establish a video project to work on throughout the summer, pitch ideas for new videos
· Attend weekly photo/video meetings and potentially lead meetings
· Upload photos and videos across all marketing channels as needed (social media, YouTube, e-newsletters, digital ads, etc.)
· Edit and update the policy and procedures manual for the internship position
· Develop goals related to your internship; present your progress to the Marketing staff
· Other duties as assigned
· Current college student studying film, media production, or related field
· Highly experienced with video shooting and editing techniques
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk or hear, taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 40+ pounds.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and minimum of 3 professional references (name, title and phone number) and 3 work samples that show the range of your abilities. Only electronic submissions will be accepted, including follow-up. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, indicate the internship position that interests you. If you qualify for more than one position, please indicate in your cover letter and subject line; limit of 2. Applications are accepted until positions are filled. Priority consideration will be given to early applications.
Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.