Do you have strong administrative skills and a heart for
those experiencing homelessness?
Then join our Employment Team!
The Mustard Seed is seeking an Employment Coach and
Facilitator to join a citywide
team in supporting Calgary’s population who are experiencing homelessness find and keep sustainable employment. The Coach/Facilitator will be primarily
responsible for research, development and creation of materials needed for
workshops and delivery as well as maintaining a caseload of 15 – 20 individuals.
Position Type: Full time
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8am – 4:30pm
Reporting to: Employment Program Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate event planning, such as Employment Preparation
- Maintain a client caseload of 15 – 20 active clients;
- Develop, review and adjust pre-employment programs and
curriculum for in person workshops as well as those on-line;
- Facilitate workshops, at various locations, consisting of
quality resume and cover letter writing, sound career expectations and
assessment, interview skills and interview readiness, basic computer skills
(email set-up, document use etc.), online job search skills, job maintenance
- Create work search support documents (resume, cover letter,
- Use Motivational Interviewing to help guests progress toward
and accomplish their employment goals;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Human Services field or CCDP
with 3 years related work experience working with those experiencing
- Certification and experience in conducting employment
related assessment instruments;
- Experience facilitating employment related workshops to
various ages and learning levels and diverse audiences in not-for-profit
- Ability to effectively communicate at a high level of
English, both verbally and in writing, with staff at all levels, clients, and
- Valid class 5 driver’s license; Reliable personal vehicle
(with $2 million in Liability Insurance);
- Proficient computer skills (Office Suite) and experience
with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Combination of community, classroom, and office setting with
approximately 50% of time spent in the field at various locations;
- Parking is provided as a condition of employment;
- Working with a diverse group of individuals experiencing
homelessness, mental health issues; addictions and recovery;
- Fast paced and demanding work environment; moderate mental/physical
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions
at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our
employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s
Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a
full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Candidate must have and maintain valid driver’s license and
will need to consent to a driver’s abstract request.
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect
is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only
those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed
reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers
page to see more job opportunities.