Position Overview: Our Porters are responsible for keeping the property clean, minor maintenance, restocking products, and making sure the property is in good standing. The primary goal of this position is to provide attention to the appearance of communal areas for a safe and adequate living/shopping/working environment.
- Clean all common areas by vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, at times using cleaning equipment (will be trained on all equipment).
- Clean and stock restrooms as needed.
- Sweep entranceways and glass cleaning.
- Empty trash receptacles inside and outside.
- Plunge and clean toilets as necessary.
- Perform other cleaning duties as specified in schedule or requested by Management.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalency of the same.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Janitorial experience is helpful.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, and/or to move from one work site to another.
- Ability to lift and push up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- This position works inside and outside. The employee may be exposed to outside elements present at the time work is being performed including, but not limited to, exposure to heat, extreme cold, rain, snowfall, wind, and humidity.
- Benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, PTO after 90 days of employment
- Opportunities to participate in professional development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training, and ongoing personal growth training
We are Golden Standard Enterprises - A family-owned commercial cleaning company that has been serving northeast Ohio since 2004. We are honored to serve some of the most well-known NE Ohio restaurants, commercial properties, and residential communities. We value accountability and responsibility and are looking to employ individuals who share these values.
Golden Standard Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.