At ELTA North America, we provide innovative electronic technologies for the United States government to help them achieve their security and defense missions.
From ground vehicle radars to airborne sensors, ELTA North America (ELTA NA) designs, develops, and delivers cutting-edge solutions for local, state and federal agencies across multiple domains and applications.
Our team members work collaboratively to solve for the U.S. Government's most complex and advanced defense and homeland security challenges. We are looking for individuals who are equally passionate about our customers and their missions to join our growing company. We invite qualified persons to apply for the position of Senior Accountant.
The Accountant assists the Controller in the organization's accounting and finance functions and contributes to the development and maintenance of financial reporting while maintaining accounting compliance with CAS, FAR, DCAA, GAAP, and IFRS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare weekly cash reports.
• Assist with internal and external audits.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Maintain prepaid and deferred expense reports.
• Communicate internal issues and recommendations to Controller and VP of Finance.
• Assist in maintaining compliance with Federal Government cost and pricing requirements in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and subject to audit by Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
• Special departmental assignments and/or projects as assigned.
• Any additional duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to analyze, research, disseminate, and make recommendations on multiple projects at one time.
• Keen analytical ability and detail oriented.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Self-starter with good personal organizational skills; ability to manage execution of multiple projects.
• Must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
• Must be able to keep information confidential as required.
• Must have minimal unscheduled absenteeism.
• Must be able to work on weekends & nights when required.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
• 2 + years’ progressive experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Must have experience using Deltek Costpoint ERP system
• Knowledge of GAAP, FAR, and CAS regulations preferred
• Strong Excel and analytical skills
• Experience working in a team environment and ability to work with numerous different groups
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Experience with international finance
• Experience with DCAA regulations
• Experience in a defense/aerospace manufacturing environment
ELTA North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain Secret clearance.
ELTA North America is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled