Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all
industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market
research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional.
We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian
regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best
When you work at
ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental
workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the
opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high
performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that
rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
you looking for a role where you will truly make a difference and contribute to
a growing industry in Canada? ECO Canada is looking for performance-driven
individual to join the team immediately.
The Business Development
Manager, under the direction of the Senior Manager, Marketing & Sales
is primarily responsible for building key customer relationships with new and
existing clients. They will work with staff from various departments and lead
acquisitions on key programs to increase sales opportunities and maximize
revenue. The manager of this role will provide relationship development
expertise to build on existing clients, ensuring ongoing satisfaction, and
retaining business, as well as develop market integration initiatives, oversee
the implementation of acquisitions strategies to increase business revenue
growth, and provide insights on key program and/or project expansion which will
support the sustainability of the organization. Along with having a firm
understanding of the needs of existing and potential new clients, the Business Development
Manager will also evaluate and report on organizational targets, markets, and
- Decision Making
- Networking and
- Problem Solving
- Metrics Driven
- Strong Project
- Build key
customer relationships with new and existing clients.
existing clients to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business.
a rapport with new clients.
- Predict clients’
future needs and devise strategies and action plans to meet those needs.
- Maintain a deep
understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences.
- Present new
products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Handle client
objections by clarifying information, emphasizing benefits, and working
through differences to a positive conclusion.
escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and
- Work with
technical staff and colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Negotiate and
close business deals.
- Oversee the outreach methods within a
defined market, industry vertical or persona to ensure continual
opportunities for business growth.
- Conduct research to identify potential
clients and new audience segments.
- Identify business opportunities, and
convert warm leads, and seek out partnerships.
- Provide expertise when setting and
adjusting pricing plans and discount rates.
sales strategies to acquire new
customers or clients.
- Work with staff from various departments
to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
with and present to senior management on business trends to develop new
services, products, and distribution channels.
- Liaise with
senior management to determine organizational strategy and initiatives.
- Collaborate with marketing executives to
develop lead generation plans.
- Work in
partnership with program leads for strategic health checks.
- Contribute to the overall business
- Support the
sustainability of the organization and play a strong influence/lead on
converting customers to the core revenue programs.
- Set sales
targets and provide sales support.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns,
services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales.
- Use knowledge of the market and
competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling
propositions and differentiators.
- Strong communication to the
organization about sales wins and milestones achieved.
- Present ideas and final
deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior
leaders about sales programs, strategies, and budgets.
- Preparing and presenting
quarterly and annual reports to senior management.
- Analyze customer insights,
consumer trends, market analysis, and sales best practices to build successful
- Analyze consumer behavior and
adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly.
- Analyzing market trends and
- Monitor competition and economic
- Create, maintain, and conduct
analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for
future strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on
- Identify effectiveness and
impact of current sales initiatives and results with tracking and analysis and
plans to address performance gaps.
- Measure and report on the
performance on sales cycle, outreach efforts and SQL, gain insight and assess
- Stay up to date on the company’s current
product and service offerings.
- Attend industry functions and provide
feedback and information on emerging trends.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current
one’s own professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and
other educational trainings, participating in professional societies and
industry networks, and
reading professional and industry publications.
- Dedicated leader who oversees
- Provide mentorship and coaching
opportunities, as well as performance support where necessary.
- Assign and monitor tasks,
including progression and risk factors.
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous, objective standards for team.
- Develop a scalable sales process and ensure teams adhere to it correctly.
- Conducting regular performance
evaluations and flag areas of concerns with potential solutions to the Senior
Manager, Marketing & Sales.
- Balance the needs of the team
with the direction of the organization.
- Provide opportunities to direct
reports which will elevate their profile and provide skill development.
- Understand and set standards
when it comes to times of disincentive which will provide motivation and morale
for the team to accomplish targets and meet objectives.
- Unite the team: Ensure reps
work as a positive unit and share their best practices.
- Set a good example for the
team. Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use
good communication, and deliver results effectively.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered
and managed within Pipedrive (sales management system) and track sales
team metrics to ensure targets are being met.
- Lead the adaption of stronger
project management processes, including:
- Stay current on bi-weekly dashboard to
see if targets are being met, surpassed or behind.
- Track and record activity on accounts and
help to close deals and meet targets (new CRM).
Qualifications and Education
experience in sales management and B2B or corporate sales.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business,
marketing, economics, or a related field.
- Proven understanding of the industry and
area of service.
- Proven track record of success in the
sales cycle from plan to close.
- Ability to speak confidently and
effectively to decision-makers and teams.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Working knowledge of lead management
- Knowledge of resources and tools
available to assist with the sale process.
organizational, strategic, planning, and implementation skills.
- Ability to create realistic schedules and
meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- High level of critical and logical
thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles,
reasons, and facts.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication,
and relationship management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high
degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially,
- Ability to respond appropriately in
high-pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy,
including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management
- Proficient in MS Office and Digital
platforms, particularly with Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
to attend and conduct presentations.
This is a full-time position, with a
three-month probationary period upon start date. If you feel you are the perfect fit for
this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible
and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our
upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do
not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.