Youth To The People is looking for an efficient, skilled, and results-oriented Copywriter with skincare or beauty experience who thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivating, comfortable receiving constructive criticism, and eager to dive into the world of YTTP, supporting multiple cross-functional teams with clear and thoughtfully crafted copy.
The position is responsible for protecting Youth To The People’s distinctive tone of voice in external and internal communications, ensuring consistency of language, style and spirit, as well as delivering exceptional copy on product packaging, campaigns, marketing collateral, website, email marketing, advertisements, educational blogs, in-store collateral, event materials, social and cultural projects as required. Situated in a highly collaborative setting, this position will report to the Director of Marketing and involves frequent liaison with Marketing, DTC, Creative, Product, and Digital teams.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing, Creative Director, Editorial Director, and Founders on brand voice and high level initiatives
- Create compelling, smart and strategic copy that drives results and can be fully integrated, online and offline
- Deliver taglines, campaign concept copy, in-store merchandising visual copy and signage
- Own and manage copy flow and approvals between departments
- Own organization of all brand and product copy
- Own translation service communications
- Responsible for copy across all channels
- Support DTC team with website copy, emails, ads, and blog copy
- Work with Product Marketing team on customer-centric messaging, product positioning, packaging copy, and product names
- Partner with Digital & Content Team to write video concepts, scripts, storyboards, and captions
- Collaborate with Director of Education on field marketing and education copy needs
- Liaise with the Regulatory team to ensure marketing copy meets compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, rhetoric, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years copywriting experience in beauty
- Strong portfolio of digital work including email, website, and social campaigns
- Demonstrable knowledge of retail marketing, current trends, and emerging brands in the clean beauty/skincare space
- Comfortable writing both short and long-form content
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrate understanding of YTTP brand tone and voice
- Conceptual thinker with strong creative chops and a strategic mind
- Highly motivated to grow with an entreneupernal spirit
- Thrives in the space between exploration and dedication to perfecting the last 10%
- Comfortable with iterations and feedback
Benefits and YTTP Culture
- This position is salaried and full-time
- YTTP culture is nimble and fun. We're a small team and we're a family-owned company. We tell jokes around here, we collaborate constantly, and we wear many hats.
- The daily joy of working with people that are positive, hungry, humble, and smart – we cater to high performers and nice people.
- Challenging, inspiring and non-stop challenges to solve
- This location is in Los Angeles, those that apply must be eligible to work in the United States. This is not a remote location job.
Youth to the People is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled