Executive Chef - TC Restaurant Group
POSITION SUMMARY: This role’s primary function is to oversee all kitchen operations including ordering and inventory, and responsible for all food coming out of the kitchen. The Executive Chef is responsible for monitoring the quality of the food, following all safety regulations, and ensuring food comes out in a timely manner. They will also play an integral role in creating and implementing new menu entrees or specials. An Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, scheduling, hiring, and training all kitchen staff and maintaining a clean kitchen and safe work environment. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Oversee Food and Kitchen operations
- Establish operating policies and staff schedules for the operation of kitchens to achieve maximum service at desired profit levels
- Maintain effective food cost, labor costs, budgets, and forecasts to achieve profit objectives and desired standards
- Maintain all administrative duties, ensuring full completion and timeliness
- Maintain close supervision with daily monitoring of all food outlets and staff, food quality, production, products, and presentation
- Oversee all hiring, training, and scheduling of all culinary employees
- Train kitchen management and staff on the technique of property expectation of culinary skills
- Oversee new menu implementation including seasonal and specialty entrees
- Manage employee relation issues, record keeping, and progressive discipline
- Oversee all food ordering and purchasing, staying within projected budget
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/SKILLS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Excellent knowledge of culinary ingredients and practices
- Technical cooking skills
- Creative skills
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Ability to work in challenging environments, while maintaining high standards
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail, while being able to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as articulate communication, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and clerical skills including report writing, recordkeeping, scheduling, and spreadsheet preparation.
- Ability to function well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, managing the needs of multiple departments at once.
- An ownership mentality with the ability to think independently, self-learn, and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvements for the department.
- Well-versed in analytical and critical thinking.
- Must be able to accept feedback and changes readily, both in job responsibilities as well as work environment.
- The use of discretion and maintaining high levels of confidentiality are absolutely required.
IN ADDITION TO THE AFOREMENTIONED ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, THE EXECUTIVE CHEF WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Working relationships
- Quality of work
- Job skills knowledge
- Adherence to Policy
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
EDUCATION/WORKING KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 10 years experience in high volume food and beverage operations
- Must have extensive culinary background, people skills and administrative skills
- Extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment and operations is a must
- Thorough understanding of profit and loss management
- Previous hands on experience in presenting culinary training and development of new programs
- Communicate effectively in English both verbally and written forms
- Professional appearance and demeanor is a must