At CubicFarms we believe in the power of technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want to make a difference in the ag-tech space by bringing creative ideas to life and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
CubicFarms (TSXV:CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: HR GENERALIST
We are seeking an eager and passionate HR Generalist to be a part of a dynamic team to oversee a variety of HR activities. Reporting to the Head of People this position is responsible for a wide range of HR functions, including but not limited to: recruitment, employee relations, regulatory compliance, training and development, compensation, benefits and appraisal functions, employees’ rewards and recognition programs, as well as the Health and Safety program.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or equivalent direct experience in the analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs is required.
• Minimum 5 years’ of experience in an HR Advisor or similar role required.
• Strong ability to build relationships cross-functionally and partner with leaders to deliver solutions that meet the business needs.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Experience developing initial HR processes and procedures for recruitment & selection, training & development, occupational health and safety and total compensation is an asset.
• Experience with implementation of systems (e.g. HRIS/ERP)
• Understanding of federal, provincial and local legislation and regulations.
• Ability to influence and coach managers to successfully apply human resources best practices that create a positive work environment.
• Strong literacy of MS Office/SharePoint/HRIS (UKG an Asset) and other systems.
• Ability to work comfortably in a fast paced and constantly changing environment with a high attention to detail.
• Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Implement and coordinate corporate HR best practices, resulting in a consistent candidate and high-quality employee experience.
• Develop internal HR policies and procedures to ensure consistency in HR service levels.
• Prepare reports with relevant HR data for all levels of managers and senior executives.
• Developing and communicating HR policies and procedures consistent with employment legislation. Ensuring fair and equitable application of HR policies for each employee.
• Coordinating with and supporting the HR Coordinator and external recruiters with full-cycle recruitment process. including working with managers to define selection criteria and assessments, creating internal and external job postings, facilitating interviews, interviewing, conducting phone screens & interviews, creating offer letters, ensuring offers are prepared in alignment with the company’s compensation policy.
• Assist with administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
• Stay up to date with all related employment legislation, regulation and policies and make recommendations as required to ensure compliance.
• Work closely with Executive Committee and all levels of managers to deliver an exceptional employee experience.
• Assist with all health & safety related tasks including employee health and wellness, policy development to ensure safe work practices and ensuring compliance.
• Assist with employee relations matters, investigate complaints, coordinate solutions with all related parties.
• Other duties as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the ag-tech space.