The Bartender serves food and
beverages to restaurant bar guests in a warm, welcoming, and hospitable manner. Ensures accuracy and urgency in service. Acts as “Brand Ambassador” to our community,
members, and guests. Bartenders are seen
as leaders among their colleagues and are expected to act as a leader
among the team. Bartenders set the
standard of excellence and strictly adhere to company standards and recipes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Courteously greets and takes orders from bar guests.
- Courteously ‘upsells’ Food and Beverage items to increase the customers’
- Follows prescribed Point of Sale operating standards
- Serves food and beverages.
- Periodically checks with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Sets tables after they are cleared.
- Completes assigned side work tasks before and after service each
shift. Ensures the bar is properly
stocked to par before and after their shift.
- Manages the service bar as well as their own service sections.
- Adheres to company policies regarding drink recipes and costing/pricing
of menu items
- Makes change for servers as needed from the bar cash drawer.
- Assists in weekly and/or daily beverage inventory counts.
- Performs in accordance with ABC laws and regulations and is responsible
in securing alcoholic beverages after hours.
- Assures cleanliness of entire bar area.
- Responsible for following established resort policies and procedures by
refusing alcohol service to intoxicated patrons.
- Sets the standard of excellence in service, product knowledge, and
adherence to company policies.
- Clears tables during and after guest meals.
- Assists in cleaning service areas.
- Operates cash register when necessary.
other related duties as directed by the Food and Beverage Manager
- Demonstrates teamwork and customer service focus.
- High energy and positive demeanor.
- Report to work and return from breaks in a timely manner.
- Meets highest standards of personal grooming.
Education & Experience:
- One year prior experience as a bartender (outside hire) or 6
months in a related service hospitality position as an Associate at
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent customer
service, communication and organizational skills, attention to detail,
drive and motivation.
- Flexibility schedule
with evenings and weekend work if required.
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and speak with others using
clear and professional language.
Must be able to endure long periods of
sitting, standing or walking in a hot, humid environment.
Will be occasionally required to move, lift,
carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without
Must be able to reach overhead and below
the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping and use hands and fingers
to handle, or feel.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled