Job Title: Incoming Quality Control Technician
Reporting to: Director of Quality
The IQC Quality Technician is responsible for sampling and inspection of the components, parts and sub-assemblies from suppliers to determine its compliance to Photon Control and customer specifications / requirements.
The IQC Quality Technician works in close cooperation with a multi-disciplinary team integrated by manufacturing, purchasing, and engineering to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, product & service quality, and process performance and to identify opportunities for improvement and mitigate risk. This is a contract position, with a duration of 6 months, with the possibility of an extension.
- Operate optical measurement equipment to perform part measurements according to drawings.
- Dimensional evaluation of parts utilizing manual tools such as Caliper/Vernier, micrometer, height gage, roughness tester, thread gages, etc.
- Assist the gauge maintenance program for the periodic verification/calibration of gauges and fixtures.
- Reports defects to the Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
- Collaborate in the root cause analysis of all non-conformances.
- Conduct an effective and efficient incoming inspection to evaluation the components, sub-assemblies or finish goods compliance to the specifications and requirements.
- Identify the necessary gages, inspection equipment, jigs or fixture required to properly evaluate the components/sub-assemblies and to improve inspection standard times.
- Provide feedback to the Supplier Quality Engineer to optimize the component/sub-assembly drawings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum a 2 years’ experience working as:
- Incoming quality or final quality in the manufacturing environment
- Preferably under the copy exact requirements
- Operating optical measurement equipment.
- Strong Knowledge to read technical drawings/blueprints, specifications, bill of materials and CAD files
- Familiar with GD&T knowledge
- Post-secondary diploma
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and the proper implementation of industry practices in the manufacturing process
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions
- Familiar with manufacturing processes such as fiber optics, surface finishing, optical parts, machining, plating, injection molding, PCBA, electronic/semiconductor fabrication, etc.
- Familiar in MS Office software products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a good decision-making skill.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.