Compensation: $12/hr + Tip Pooling
($250.00 Sign-on bonus after 90 days!)
From Hawaii to California to Ohio, Poké is sweeping the nation! Would you like to be a part of one of the hottest new trends in food? We are looking for crew members who want to show our customers what eating fresh Poké & Makai is all about! Located in the brand New Easton Entertainment District our LemonShark Poké & Makai Grill is sure to have Columbus buzzing!
Lemonshark Poké and Makai Grill is an inviting, Hawaiian-themed establishment which offers sustainably sourced sushi-grade fish (“Poké”) and authentic hibachi-style grilled meats (“Makai”). We also offer a full bar and feature island themed drinks. We provide community-centered, table service and a counterpoint dining experience, which boasts the comfort of a sit-down restaurant and the convenience of fast-casual dining. Serving lunch, dinner, and late-night cravings daily.
Purpose of the Position
Hosts will be responsible for greeting guests and acting as a concierge for the restaurant. Hosts will be answering phone calls, taking phone-in to go orders, answering guest inquiries to best of ability, keeping management abreast of the operations of the host desk, and ensuring restrooms and lobby are maintained. Hosts are the first impression of the restaurant and must be welcoming, approachable, polite, and organized to ensure host desk runs smoothly.
This is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Restaurant Manager(s) and indirectly to others in management or supervisor roles on duty.
• At least 18 years of age
• Food Handler Safety Training Card
• Mobility (standing, stooping, bending, reaching, etc.) required during the entire shift
• Must speak English fluently
• Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required
• Capable of using telephone, cash register and order tablets, host desk computer interface
Essential Job Functions
• Regular attendance and compliance with employee handbook and training manuals
• Interact with co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner (i.e., a warm smile and sincere greeting)
• Answer phones within two rings, accurately take orders, ring-up orders
• Perform basic cleaning, and sanitization practices
• Place and pick up supplies in boxes, bags, etc.
• Carry highchairs and booster seats for children
• Maintain calm under pressure, or during high volume of guests
• Quote accurate wait times, avoid over or under quoting guests which leads to guest frustration
• Maintain safety of lobby and restrooms by attending to any obstacles or guest belongings left in door ways or walk ways, be aware of any spills or wet floors, etc. and handle appropriately
• Practice proper food safety and food handling measures at all times
• Maintain safe & sanitary work areas
• Clean and organize restaurant as directed by Management as per daily, weekly, and extra cleaning schedules and in accordance with local and state laws related to COVID-19
• Organize and put away daily deliveries in proper storage areas
• Assist servers, bussers, expediters, food runners, etc. as needed/requested
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Hours
• Extensive Training
• Meal Discounts
• Real Advancement Opportunities
• iPads or Tablets
• Computer/Tablet with Host System Interface
• Dish Machine & Chemicals Associated
• Walk-In Cooler & Freezer
• Undercounter Cooler & Freezer
• Warming/Hot Holding Equipment for to-go orders
• *Equipment used may vary as processes and recipes evolve
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies, and repetitive hand and wrist motion; working with and around hot, cold, and hazardous equipment in a fast paced and congested environment that will occasionally be loud, hot and/or physically demanding.
LemonShark Poke & Makai Grill Columbus is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled