Positive Steps Therapy, part of the Theraplay, Inc. family of companies, is a multidisciplinary practice that offers outpatient therapy services for children from birth through 21 years of age and is a provider for county-based early intervention services for children from birth through 3 years of age. Our mission is to enable children to maximize their potential by providing quality occupational and physical therapy and speech-language pathology services to the pediatric population in a family-friendly, play-based environment.
We are currently seeking a Front Desk Assistant to join us part-time at our outpatient center in Gibsonia, PA.
· This position is twenty hours per week, with varying hours, including two to three evenings per week until 8 pm and every other Saturday.
As a Front Desk Assistant, you work closely with our Facility Director from the clinical team, as well as our Front Desk Coordinator. You are often the first line of contact for our patients and their families, and you must exhibit friendly communication skills and a high level of customer service at all times. Candidates with knowledge of healthcare insurance, including verifications, pre-authorizations, referrals, primaries, and secondaries, as well as any therapy practice knowledge, will be given priority. Strong organizational and computer skills are required, and previous experience with medical scheduling programs and/or electronic medical records is preferred.
Daily Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting and registering patients and their families, obtaining and updating relevant demographic and insurance information
- Obtaining referrals and authorizations on all patients as needed
- Confirming and verifying insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier
- Maintaining and generating HIPPA documentation
- Scheduling patients appointments with therapists, both over the phone and in person
- Answering phone lines
- Collect and record patient payment including co-insurance, co-payments, and deductibles at the time of service.
The Theraplay Family of Companies now includes Austill's Educational Therapy Services, Positive Steps Therapy, AOT, Inc, and the Children's Therapy Centers. This allows us to work with children, to help them maximize their potential, in 18 pediatric outpatient centers, in schools, and in homes throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Northern Virginia. We at Theraplay are looking forward to continuing to grow our geographic reach, furthering our mission to maximize each child's potential through functional play-based therapies.
Theraplay Family of Companies is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled