to: President & Chief Executive
Status/Dept: Full time, Dept 200
Base Salary: $50,000-$65,000/annually with benefits
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is looking for a driven
leader to join our team as Director of Advancement.
Are you a
dynamic relationship builder with a passion for fundraising and communication? Are
you energized by empowering others to effective positive change in your
community? Are you someone who can
strike the right balance between strategy and implementation?
The YMCA Experience:
At the YMCA we believe partnering with our community, applying your passion, and working with a strong team of dedicated employees and volunteers is critical to meeting our mission. Since 1853 the YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth has been connecting Nova Scotians to build healthy communities through a sense of belonging. We are a non-profit charity that provides vital services through Health & Wellness, Employment, Childcare/Camps, Immigrant Services, and Youth Development.
We are looking for someone to join our senior leadership team and provide leadership to all our fundraising initiatives, develop and execute on strategy, and stewardship of our many stakeholders.
- Articulate the impact of the YMCA as a Charity of
Choice through all fundraising campaigns and communication materials to enhance
our community profile.
- Develop, align, and execute annual budgets and
plans for our fundraising campaigns, initiatives, and events in keeping with
the Association’s financial objectives.
- Driving our grant and foundational funding
opportunities, management of our funder relationships, and developing new
- Oversee prospect/donor cultivation and moves
- Develop our associations Annual Communication Plan
in conjunction with our Senior Management Team.
- Implement, and oversee meaningful donor recognition
programs with strategies to support major gift donor awareness and responsive
- Support the work of YMCAs in Atlantic Canada on
proven background in fund development and/or communication management
- 5 years of related experience in Fund Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations,
Communications, and/or Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and
- Strong working knowledge of best practices in fund
- Strong verbal, communication, and presentation
skills, bilingual an asset
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, strong
- Demonstrated ability to hand sensitive information/stations
with tact and diplomacy
- Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and proof of valid First Aid and CPR training. Employees will be required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training.
Please apply today, this position will remain posted until filled. We look forward to hearing your story!
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify