Highly skilled Penetration Tester who has experience working in the full scope of mobile operating systems and applications security analysis. The individual will apply their expertise to perform penetration testing on hardened devices in our mobile device inspection lab. The penetration tester will be expected to actively analyze security functions for design weaknesses, technical flaws and system vulnerabilities. They will research new threats, attack vectors and risk and utilize their hacking skills on various mobile devices. The tester will perform manual testing using various open source penetration testing tools. Part of their job is to try and break devices and get at the protected data. This individual is also responsible for documenting their findings and creating recommendations for improved device security.
• Knowledge of general security principles, protocols, and infrastructures.
• Background in computer architecture, system internals and operating systems.
• Interest in information security and cybersecurity.
• Background or interest in research.
• Analysis, testing, and debugging skills.
• Experience with Android security mechanisms.
• Familiarity with wireless/mobile technologies.
• Knowledge of Android operating system/frameworks.
• Strong work ethic, self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on new challenges - to roll up your sleeves and do what you need to do in order to solve problems.
• Knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems at all layers (boot, kernel space, user space).
• ARM experience.
• High level of personal organization, persistence, and attention to detail.
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification, or comparable certification.
• BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 2 years’ experience. Candidates with at least 4 years of strong related work experience will also be considered.
• U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
• Current DoD Secret Clearance is required.
• Willing to travel if needed (~10%).
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.