The House Person is responsible for ensuring that all grounds and public areas are clean and free of debris. Provides support for the Room Attendants and Laundry Attendants.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Housekeeping with the removal of soiled linen and trash from guest rooms; continuous rounds of removal from assigned rooms throughout the day.
- Transport soiled linen to Laundry and sort in specified containers.
- Remove trash collected by Room Attendant’s and put into proper containers.
- Empty and clean trash containers.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and paper products in the Housekeeping closets.
- Operate rug cleaning machine in hallways and guest rooms.
- Sweep balconies, wipe chairs, clean windows.
- Vacuum and clean stairwells and elevator areas.
- Assist Housekeeping with heavy lifting when needed.
- Respond to Front Desk when requested.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to Facilities, including all furniture, fittings and equipment.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to push/pull carts up to 250lbs.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 75 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma, or equivalent.
Prior Housekeeping experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.