Ticket Booth Personnel
SUMMARY: Persons who sells tickets or wristbands for admission to the parks/sells souvenir photos, key chains etc. to guests
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell tickets
- Operate a cash register and credit card terminal
- Cash Handling
- Interact with guests and answer their questions
- Provide quality guest interaction and service
- Enforce park admission requirements
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Should have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Should have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Have the ability to write simple correspondence. Have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Should have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Should know and understand all units of currency.
REASONING ABILITY: Should have the ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The representative physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and/or occasionally lift and/or lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to reach, bend and assist patrons.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high places. Employee may work in hot, cold, humid or wet conditions. Employee may work with cleaning chemicals. Employees may be required to stand or sit for long periods.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must be available to work flexible hours.