May require 40+ hours per week
Must be open to working as early as 5:00am
The people selected to be a part of the Bakehouse Bread & Cookie Company team will be those who share our passion and our values:
· The belief that food should not only nourish, but also inspire.
· A dedication to delicious, fresh products created with all-natural ingredients.
· Support of local businesses and organizations.
· Commitment to the environment by using bio-degradable service ware, recycling, and energy savings.
· Creating strong communities and individuals.
· A desire to go above and beyond to achieve the highest quality products and service for our customers.
We are looking for like-minded individuals with a passion for great food and a personal dedication to excellence and service. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Create and prepare pastries and baked goods with high quality and often locally sourced ingredients.
- Ensure recipes and standards are followed.
- Communicate with team regarding product specifications.
- Monitor food waste and eliminate problems.
- Conduct individual pre-shift meetings with staff when needed.
- Motivate and mentor pastry team.
- Assist with inventory and ordering.
- Support core values and goals, and adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Educate staff on pastry offerings through tasting and presentation.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule according to business needs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending and reaching overhead.
- Independent and a self-motivated thinker.
- Display a sense of urgency, strong attention to detail and a desire to learn valuable Culinary responsibilities.
- Prior Chef experience is preferred.
- 20% discount
- Opportunities for advancement
- No deep fryers
- Complimentary shift meal