Why UP TO PAR:
Iconic architecture, a thriving culinary scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services and community relationships.
We are currently seeking a seasonal, full time, Grounds Maintenance worker to perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance for the Lexington Golf and Country Club.
Grounds Maintenance worker
Now - September 30, 2018
Lexington Golf and Country Club
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Qualified candidates will be able to:
- Perform work involving the use of large equipment involved in golf course maintenance
- Ensures that the equipment is in proper working order at all times
- Demonstrates knowledge and safety while using equipment and products
- Able to perform duties in all varieties of weather
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow staff members
- Routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance
- Performs semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance
- Performs any other related duties as directed by the Golf Course Superintendent
- High school degree or equivalent
- Previous Golf Course groundwork - preferred
- Valid Driver’s license - preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Available for weekend and holiday work, if needed.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
About the Company
Up to Par Management / Taylor Hospitality are a leading hospitality and club management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par / Taylor Hospitality is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.