Midtown International School is currently accepting applicants for faculty members for the 2019-2020 School Year.
Candidates with experience and certification in Gifted Education are encouraged to apply.
Please indicate grade levels and subject areas of interest.
Some positions may be available for an immediate start to facilitate training and mentorship of new staff. Please indicate the date of availability in this application.
The application must be completed in full for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in working with MIS!
Here's the thing: MIS believes in the very depths of its soul that no one should wait to learn. We make every decision with that in mind. Understanding the complexities of the gifted student, staying flexible, being willing to stretch students (and yourself) beyond what you thought possible in a classroom, and leaving your ego behind are baseline requirements for our team members. If this is you--please read on!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Can you differentiate for gifted learners? Our teachers are expected to:
- Design and implement instruction for the specific, individual students in their classes;
- Differentiate instruction for diverse gifted student needs without relying on worksheets and secondary texts;
- Maintain organized, well-planned, and thoroughly researched lesson plans that reach all learners in every class, every day;
- Clearly plan for and implement problem-based learning opportunities, instructional technology, and projects, incorporating resources from a variety of viewpoints and experts; and,
- Assess students' work and thinking with appropriate measures, including performance assessments, process assessments, narratives, and rubrics.
Can you communicate clearly, regularly, and with genuine positive regard? Our faculty:
- Maintain a safe, secure, interactive, respectful, and healthy educational environment;
- Interact positively with parents, students, other faculties, resource staff, and partners in education while establishing consistent and ongoing communication processes;
- Motivate students and are engaging presenters;
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that no one waits to learn; and,
- Foster collaborative environment in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the school.
Are you excited about your own continued learning? Our team members:
- Participate fully in professional development opportunities, meetings, school events, and conferences;
- Demonstrates the value of lifelong learning by reading professional publications and engaging in continuing professional educational experiences; and,
- Dedication and commitment to the growth, reputation, and excellence of the school in all activities both in and out of the classroom.
- Master’s degree (in a field or comparable field of instruction)
- Gifted Education experience/ certification (all MIS faculty members are expected to complete their gifted endorsement or certificate within the first year of employment)
- Willingness to fearlessly continue to learn and uphold the MIS Promise