Behavioral Health Counselor (Veteran Housing)
Community Hope, Inc. Garfield, New Jersey $17.00 to $18.00 per hour
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you have a desire to serve those who bravely served our country? If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Alfred J. Thomas - Home for Veterans
3 Weeks Paid-Time Off!, Birthday Holiday PLUS MORE!
~To ensure the safety of people we serve and our workforce, we require employee’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Unvaccinated employees must participate in COVID-19 testing at minimum one to two times per week in accordance with State and Federal regulations. ~
Full-time / Tuesday- Saturday: 2pm-10pm
Part-time / Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday: 4pm-10pm
Providing residential support services to veterans in the program.
- Provides supportive counseling to veterans in need of crisis intervention and emergency services.
- Monitors veterans in housekeeping maintenance and upkeep of the residence.
- Provides transportation as required.
- Participates as a team member in the maintenance and care of the facility and ensures the safety of the veterans in the program.
- Upholds veteran confidentiality.
- Assists in the administration of drug and alcohol screenings.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation.
- Implements fire and life safety standards eg: fire drills and fire safety education
- Attends In-Service presentations/staff meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Distributes veteran mail as needed.
- Executes all emergency procedures such as medical emergencies, crisis intervention, fire and/or smoke, police emergency, AED/ First Aid, etc. as per the Agency’s Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Documents any and all pertinent information in and reviews the Communication Log Book, Resident Sign-In Log, Medication Sign-In Log, Pass Authorization Log, and reporting any violations to the Program Coordinator.
- E-mails every hour during the overnight shift to the agency overnight system.
- Participates in supervision meetings with the Program Coordinator.
- Conducts regular checks to ensure the safety and whereabouts of all veterans in the residence.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator, and/or other supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in Mental Health or a related discipline; or Licensed R.N.; or two years of college plus two years of related work or life experience, or licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) plus two years of related mental health experience; or a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Veterans preferred; and/or experience working with veterans preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
~We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply including Native American, people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, veterans and veteran spouses.~
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Community Hope, Inc. endeavors to make https://communityhopeinc.easyapply.co/job/overnight-behavioral-health-counselor-full-time-1 accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Mirella Rosario/Staff Recruiter/HR at 973-463-9600 x330 or firstname.lastname@example.org