JM TEST SYSTEMS, INC.
Alexandria - FACILITY SERVICES SUPPORT
Job Analysis and Description
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Facility Services Support position is responsible for performing a wide range of maintenance, repair and cleaning duties. Adhere to safety policies and procedures that have been established for JMTS. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and building facility systems. Assist in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment according to equipment specifications, safety procedures, and internal production and maintenance systems and processes. Assist with maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, mechanical equipment, plumbing systems, utility systems, vehicles, and trailers. Help with new or remodeling construction work. Assists in pick-up and deliveries for local customers as needed as well as any errands/trips. Perform housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of work areas to keep the workspace clean and safe.
II. JOB RELATIONSHIPS
Immediate Supervisor(s): Operations Manager
Workers Supervised: None
Interrelationships: Works closely with Operations Manager, Lab Manager, Administrative Manager, Technicians, and other JMTS personnel.
III. QUALIFICATIONS (to be hired into the position):
Education Required: High School diploma or GED
Associates degree, technical trade school or military training in building maintenance, repair and construction is preferred.
Training and Experience Required: Basic computer skills with the ability to use various software applications such as Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Initial training will be performed by the Operations Manager and Lab Manager and will continue until the employee is knowledgeable on all of the basic duties, responsibilities, skills, safety procedures and layout of the entire facility.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Principles and practices of environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance capabilities.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, terminology, equipment, and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Knowledge of construction and project management principles.
- Knowledge of relevant maintenance procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Ability to read and write the English language, and speak effectively before groups of people. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to comply with health, safety, and environmental regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform maintenance duties and operate related equipment.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Accurate at math; possess analytical abilities.
- Acute attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with equipment failure, damages, and/or building and vehicle problems. Exhibits good problem-solving skills.
- Capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently, with a sense of urgency and with minimal supervision.
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Works primarily in a corporate office, lab or manufacturing plant-type setting exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Because of the nature of the company, this position will sometimes be exposed to loud noise, mechanical hazards, fumes, gases, and machinery while moving around the facilities.
- Ability to hear and understand normal conversations in person and over the phone and speak clearly.
- Ability to see near and distant objects have accurate color vision and depth perception. May be required to distinguish shades of color to identify abnormalities and/or defects in structures, equipment, or products.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk or test bench for extended periods of time (up to 2 hours typical).
- Ability to perform lifting of maintenance equipment unassisted (up to 50 lbs.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with arms.
- Ability to move materials requiring pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, and/or carrying.
- Ability to make coordinated movements of legs, feet, arms, hands, and fingers.
- Ability to work in confined work areas with a group of others.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors with varying temperatures and conditions.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, walk, and to climb stairs.
- Ability to perform housekeeping, maintenance, and organize work area.
V. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL TASKS/DUTIES
A. Facility and General Maintenance, Repair, and Housekeeping
- Perform highly diversified duties to assist in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting production machines and facility’s equipment. Diagnoses minor problems, replaces or repairs parts, testing and making adjustments to machines/equipment as needed. Respond to emergency repair situations.
- Performs general maintenance and repair work on various systems in various size commercial buildings within grounds area; maintains and repairs electrical and plumbing systems; replace ballasts, light fixtures, motors, fans, switches, lights, and related items; repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures including sinks, toilets, pipe systems, and general devices found in plumbing systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and building facility systems; checks for leaks within the water and steam systems and for proper operation of water heater, furnace, and refrigeration; keeps vehicles in safe operating condition and ensures all necessary maintenance is performed; repairs audiovisual equipment.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties, following safe and correct operational guidelines.
- Helps to refurbish/clean machinery as needed, including grinding, taping, painting and putting on sticker decals as appropriate.
- Keeps a record of all the day to day maintenance activities undertaken in a facility. Works with supervisor to update preventative maintenance checklist as needed.
- Utilizes machinery to maintain, repair, and/or clean workplace facilities in a safe and precise manner.
- Performs housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of work area to keep the workspace clean and safe.
- Performs pick-ups and deliveries of customer equipment as needing adhering to JM Logistics Policies.
B. Health, Environment, and Safety
- Complies with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA) while working.
- Collects and disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in appropriate disposal areas and in accordance with internal procedures and/or external standards.
C. Miscellaneous Other
- Communicates with colleagues verbally and in writing in a professional and timely manner.
- Attends, participates in, and facilitates regularly scheduled and special meetings with manufacturing colleagues to maintain open communication and seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Assists lab technician as needed (cleaning equipment, and/or provide mechanical assistance).
- Performs other duties and requests as assigned.
VI. ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
JM Test Systems, Inc. is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above Job Description is a written statement of facts describing the scope, responsibilities and organizational relationships of this position as it is today. It is intended to provide a clear picture of the position’s role within the organization.
This job description is subject to change as JM Test Systems evolves, and in no way implies that this description includes all the duties associated with this position. Job duties related to this position may be added/removed from the job description as needed. JM Test Systems, Inc. depends on their employees to assess their current positions and update their position description as duties change, responsibilities increase/decrease, technology improvements occur, or as a result of any other factors which may impact the success of such position.