Tejas Tubular Products, located in the East Houston Area, is looking for Heat Treat Operators
Essential Job Functions
- Verify workability of the equipment for safety purposes
- Verify the pipes against work order instruction
- Instruct the personnel at the entry and exit tables
- Maintain a steady and constant flow of material through the system and check each joint as it is being processed for straightness and obvious rejects
- Generate production reports at the end of the shift
- Supervise the change of roll angle and make machine adjustments
- Inspect the pipe to ensure no roller marks are created during the straightening process
- Verify Straightening with a straight edge and a taut string, and drift the ends when needed.
- Supervise the lubrication of all straightening machines
- NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform additional related duties, as per management, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- At least 6 months of relevant experience
- Knowledge of operating equipment and machinery
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable means of transportation
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Flexibility with the schedule to work 10-12 hour shifts; including availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Position requires being exposed to high temperatures depending on the season. The position also requires being exposed to noise levels ranging from moderate to high.
The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel. crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Paid vacation and holidays, group Health/Dental coverage, life insurance, and AD&D, wellness day, FSA, and 401(k) plan
TEJAS TUBULAR PRODUCTS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled