Administrative Assistant - Axcess
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the overall management and maintenance of the Special Needs Ministry (SNM) office. This role supports the Special Needs Director and the SNM team members while serving the families in this community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Maintaining the ministry’s weekly counts and providing reports to Early Childhood (EC) Director
· Quickly responds to phone calls regarding SNM at CBC by answering inquiries and e-mails (Axcess, Champion Club), assists and supports visitors, collects information, and takes initiative to connect with others to fulfill requests and needs
· Support the SN Director and the ministry team with administrative duties to include agendas, managing petty cash, managing cc reconciliations, monitoring lists and reports, and copying and distributing materials
· Complete check requests to ensure all payments are completed in a timely manner
· Manage room reservations to include set-up, technical and audio requirements, refreshments and/or catering, handouts, study materials, and guides
· Assisting SN Coordinator with volunteer onboarding (emails and phone calls)
· Actively engaging in discipleship with staff, parents, and/or volunteers within the Special Needs Ministry
· Supervising Special Needs classrooms as required by the SNM team (to include: Axcess Weekends/ Weeknights, and Champions Club)
· Attend classes, workshops, conferences, courses and other training opportunities for personal or professional growth outlined and approved by the Director to include the required annual training hours per licensing
· Attend all staff meetings - scheduled or called
· Other duties as assigned.
· Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and exhibits a positive attitude
· Servant’s heart with a high level of energy for projects, details, and people
· Fast-paced, flexible, team-oriented, and systems oriented
· Computer and Technology proficiency. Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Text in Church, ServiceU, Shelby Database, etc. (Training available, prior knowledge preferred)
· Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with flexibility, excellence, and high capacity
· Personable, professional and relational demeanor
· High level of poise, tact, maturity, diplomacy and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position (20 hrs.). Weekend services are required for this job. The weekday work schedule may vary depending on special events and activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to do the following:
· Must have good or corrected vision as well as effective peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
· Must have good manual dexterity and be able to use repetitive motion of the hands, wrists, and arms
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
· Must be able to move about inside the office and file rooms to perform a variety of tasks
· Must be able to frequently and effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
· Must be able to frequently lift children up to 75 pounds
· Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching
· Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years' experience of related work or volunteer
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required
Duties are performed in variety of settings (indoors and outdoors) where the work and general environment may be hectic at times. Therefore, it is essential that the employee can effectively handle the normal anxieties associated with the job and manage multiple projects in a ministry-oriented environment.
· Must exemplify The CBC Way of Honor, Hospitality, Hustle, High Capacity, and Humility
· CBC Member, genuine desire to serve God and the Church
· Must live life beyond reproach 1 Timothy 3
· Spiritual maturity, with daily disciplines of prayer and bible study
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.