A full-time, exempt status position responsible for coordinating and managing the Agency’s human resources functions. A professional with strong management and communication skills that builds and maintains a employee practices in compliance with State and Federal law. Supervises and directs HR Generalists and Payroll Specialist; ensuring that employees receive a high-quality work experience in accordance with Agency policies, procedures, and practices. Serves as a consultative resource to Senior Leadership on strategic planning and interacts with all levels of Community Hope’s constituents. This individual partners with the Associate Executive Director to implement HR strategic initiatives which will contribute to the overall experience of employees.
- Contributes to the establishment of an enduring ethical culture. Upholds the highest ethical and professional standards in adherence with our Code of Conduct & Ethics. Maintains employee confidentiality in all interactions with colleagues and team members.
- Consults with top executives on strategic planning and serves as a link between an organization's management and its employees.
- Promotes positive employee relations through design, communication, and interpretation of human resources policies and programs.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops human resources staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in the fields related to best practices that pertain to the populations served by Community Hope, Inc.
Management of Personnel Practices
- Develops and administers company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Oversees all aspects of payroll and assists with processing as needed.
- Analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations on a variety of human resources issues.
- Reviews and analyzes wage and salary reports and data to establish competitive compensation plans.
- Oversees management of controversial and sensitive staff issues.
- Negotiates contracts with outside vendors to provide employee services.
- Assists with external audits preparation and internal compliance auditing; preparing reports and documents as requested.Assists in the preparation of the operational budget.
- Personnel leaves and benefits administration.
Employee Experience/Engagement/Retention Activities
- Coordinates employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Develops and manages recruiting and retention strategies and succession planning process.
- Develops and manages the exit interview process; develops systems for communicating gathered information to management.
- Directs the development and coordination of training programs, personal and career development, performance appraisal process, compensation systems, diversity and benefit programs.
- Reviews employee relation’s issues and recommends appropriate responses to management.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Executive Director and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent along with four to six years related experience.
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred.
- SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
- Experience in all HR concentration areas such as benefits; compensation; workforce planning and employment; employee relations; occupational health, safety and security; strategic management; employee development; and training.
- Working knowledge of HR laws, regulations, principles and practices including employment law, Affirmative Action, and EEO compliance.
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- Strategic thinker who can see long-term goals and balance against short and intermediate term needs.
- Ability to participate as a team member and work independently, with limited supervision; willingness to take full responsibility of own work actions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; customer service oriented, with ability to engage professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and external stakeholders;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demands, establish priorities and work effectively in a deadline driven environment;
- Accuracy and attention to detail in the performance of duties is of critical importance;
- Demonstrable experience with training and/or providing formal guidance on human resource matters; Ability to deliver presentations to all levels of personnel associated with the Agency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications; database and electronic healthcare record experience a plus.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
~We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply including Native American, people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, veterans and veteran spouses.~
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled