An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking 2.5 professional, experienced Clinical Board Certified Cardiac Perfusionists Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country. This is a low-volume center that is perfect for a senior CCP who desires a better work-life balance.
VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ideal candidate must be a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provides qualified Clinical Perfusion and/ or Auto-transfusion for the Open-Heart Surgery Program services to Veterans.
- Provides patient care in support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of circulatory system during cardiopulmonary surgical procedures.
- Supports the physiological and metabolic needs of the surgical patient so that the surgeon may operate on a still non-beating heart.
- Utilization of the heart-lung machine, as well as its associated components of an oxygenator, filters, reservoirs, and tubing
- Responsible for the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart-lung machine.
- Shall assist the Cardio-Thoracic service with by-pass surgical cases and valve replacement of various types.
- Shall perform onsite Perfusion/Auto-transfusion Services in the treatment of care for eligible veteran beneficiaries as referred and authorized by the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS).
- The Perfusionist is responsible for preparation, and operation of the heart and lung machines/pumps in conjunction with maintaining a sterile environment for procedures maintaining blood volume in the patients preventing shock or air embolus.
- Assembles supplies and equipment in preparation to accept patient on extra corporeal circulation in cases of premature cardiac arrest or failure. Other services include preparation, maintenance and operation of VA owned equipment to include the heart lung machine, auto transfusion pump, intra-aortic balloon pump and centrifugal ventricular assist device.
Qualifications and Education:
- Completion of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of Perfusion Technology program.
- Current certification as a Clinical Perfusionist as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
- Must have a minimum of at least ten (10) years’ experience as a Clinical Perfusionist
- Experience shall be demonstrated in the following areas: Open heart surgery, auto-transfusion, heart-lung machine, membrane oxygenation, left/right heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pumping and centrifugal ventricular assist device.
Posterity Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled