Full-Time Senior Manager of Accounting
Reports to: VP of Finance/Controller
Direct Reports: Accountant, Revenue and Reporting; Accounts Payable Specialist; Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Sr. Manager of Accounting will oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and the Revenue and Reporting functions of Finance. He/she will act as a talent champion, a true believer in team development and empowerment, and be able to create a team atmosphere of continuous improvement to exceed the expected results.
- Empower the team, embrace change, and enjoy working in an environment where change is encouraged, and an impact can be made.
- Ensure the timely performance of deadline-driven workloads involving fiscal decisions.
- Ensure daily, monthly, quarterly and annual subsidiary ledgers are accurately maintained.
- Co-lead monthly close, analytics and control activities.
CONTROL & RECONCILIATION ACCOUNTING FUNCTIONS
- Perform monthly closing of all accounts ensuring detailed and accurate reconciliations are documented and filed for all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reviews disbursements, ensuring proper approvals.
- Reconcile month end expenses and income statements.
- Booking of payroll and journal entries, accruals and prepaid.
- Oversee PNC Visa corporate card program; assist VP of Finance/Controller in administering internal audit controls; coding, verifying expenses; facilitating all cards and the setup of cards/accounts.
REPORTING & BUDGETING
- Assist in delivering monthly financial reports to department heads for all Organizations; Streamline reporting and provide an executive summary, analysis, and recommendations as requested.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process; provide guidance to department heads for effective budget formation and management.
- Calculate variances from prior and current year budget and relay significant issues to department managers.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings such as sales tax, amusement tax and payroll tax reconciliations for the year-end audit.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/CRITICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting is required.
- 6+ years of experience in all aspects of accounting (nonprofit preferred, but not required), including 4+ years of managerial experience.
- Proficient in GAAP accounting essential.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize key business needs while meeting various deadlines.
- Project/Process Management – Must have a demonstrated ability to lead projects or handle large, complex processes.
- Must have a mindset that is oriented to constantly drive process improvement.
- Strong attention to detail, producing a high level of accurate results.
- Proven ability to manage, build and mentor a team.
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people; staff, board members, volunteers, auditors, and business partners.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, good judgment, tactfulness, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively manage time.
- Ability to solve problems in a creative and innovative manner.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility and the ability to adapt to change with enthusiasm.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build and enhance internal and external relationships.
- Experience with complex accounting environment / ERP system is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well in a diverse workplace.
- Technically competent; solid spreadsheet and analytical skills, proven computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of accounting systems, reporting, and planning (budget) tools, (e.g. Financial Edge, MAS90, Great Plains, Oracle, JD Edwards, Cognos, etc.).
Note: This job description represents the essential functions of the position but is not all-inclusive. This position may be assigned and expected to handle other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate either verbally and/or in writing.
- Interact with a wide variety of people, including volunteers.
- Sit, stand, climb, kneel, stoop and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- See, hear, listen, talk; use a computer and phone.
- Lift up to 10 pounds frequently, and up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Travel between the organization’s facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation.
- Employee is occasionally required to travel offsite for business meetings as needed.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation, and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events.
- We often work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays to support our festivals and events.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b)-retirement savings plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals and events.
FLSA Status: Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer