Black Point Inn is seeking a night auditor to work through the end of our 2021 season (ending October 24, 2021)! $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!! Must work through end of Season (October 24) 50% will be
paid out within 30 days, remainder at end of the season.
Location: Black Point Inn, Scarborough, ME
Hours: Part-time (24 hours per week), shifts start at 10pm and end at 7am. Holidays required.
Pay Rate: $14 to $20 an hour depending on experience.
Benefits: Discounts at affiliated properties.
Experience: Previous experience in hospitality preferred.
Night Owls wanted! Do you have an independent
attitude, lots of common sense, & street smarts? Enjoy working alone
and being self-reliant? Night
Audit includes awake overnights, light physical cleaning and the occasional late night snack request,
along with accounting and computer skills. We are
looking for someone wise and trustworthy, with good communication
skills, Who is ready for an adventure in the night. Excellent wages await you!
The Night Auditor is responsible for monitoring the
property and preparing breakfast during the overnight hours. These
responsibilities include checking the proper daily shut-down of the
physical plant, providing Guest Services to guests during the overnight
hours, and a number of financial reporting roles prescribed by property
management. This position is for a problem-solver and
requires an outgoing, enthusiastic personality, strong attention to
detail, and the ability to work without constant direct supervision.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Stay awake overnight and remain in public areas.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance in accordance with property standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye
contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints (and compliments) in a
professional and courteous manner, maintaining composure under pressure,
allowing guests to speak first and then providing solutions to their
issues or concerns. Follow through to ensure guest satisfaction with the
resolution. Know who to call upon if you cannot solve a guest’s
- Perform Nightly Task List in a timely fashion, reflecting excellent time management.
- Register and orient arriving guests according to property standards.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs. Identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Be knowledgeable about the property, its programs, amenities and experiences.
- Have a working knowledge of property’s phone and other communication
systems. Answer telephone calls with a pleasant demeanor according to
property etiquette, listening carefully to caller’s requests, and
clearly taking, dating, distributing or filing notes as needed.
- Check daily figures, postings, and financial documents for accuracy.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information to close each day’s transactions
- Control and secure cash and cash equivalents according to property cash handling policy and procedures.
- Audit and reconcile all revenue postings.
- Maintain accurate guest accounts and folios, house banks, deposits,
petty cash and cash drawers according to property specifications.
Understand cash reporting requirements.
- Be fully knowledgeable about how to post to and maintain guest
folios according to property specifications. Must have computer skills
sufficient to meet property system needs which may include Microsoft
Word, Excel, database operations, point of sale and property management
- Maintain responsibility for proper food inventory and storage, avoiding food waste.
- Prepare breakfast foods in a timely manner and to the proper ratio/formula of the number of guests.
- Ensure presentation of breakfast reflects the standards of the hotel.
- Process guest check-outs and collect and process payments with
efficiency. Be able to explain everything on a guest folio and be able
to make corrections as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary and guest information.
- Be responsible for security of any room or supply closet keys, as
well as for respecting the confidential nature of some front desk
correspondence, transactions, and activities.
- Make regular tours of property as detailed by property management to
check security of entrances, personnel, property and guest safety.
Maintain awareness of unknown persons on property; follow property
procedures to deal with unusual or emergency situations. Be
knowledgeable of property specific safety and security procedures.
Oversee any emergency situation and be able to safely orchestrate a
building evacuation if required.
- Perform light housekeeping duties to ensure that the appearance of
front desk and lobby areas is according to property specifications.
Assist with set up of early morning food and beverage service as
- Perform thorough snow removal and proper maintenance of sidewalk safety in all weather conditions.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 30 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- May be vertically mobile for over 25% of shift.
- Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
Black Point Inn is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled