Housekeeping Supervisor (ref 9042)
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you!
We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel, and are offering temporary shared accommodation. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $18.00-$20.00 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
This is a full time opportunity. Weekend availability is preferred.
What we offer:
- Staff Accommodation
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
To assist the Housekeeping Manager in ensuring the smooth and consistent operation of housekeeping and the highest standards are met and maintained, service is attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed consistently through daily operations;
- Inspect guest rooms ensuring the highest possible cleaning standards are met;
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed;
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas;
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings;
- Ensure Room Attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section;
- Builds and contributes to a service culture that is characterized by empowered guest service specialists, providing engaging service and creating memorable experiences;
- Proactively address any day-to-day operational concerns, determining appropriate solutions and actions to be taken;
- Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, while ensuring a clean and safe working environment;
- Actively participate in the hotel health and safety program. Ensure that all associates are familiar with and in compliance with WHMIS and Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Assist in the day to day operations of housekeeping including: scheduling, planning, work load, delegating tasks and communication across departments;
- Assist with training, introduction of new team members and performance management;
- Cleaning rooms, public areas, and all other jobs as required by the housekeeping department;
- Previous housekeeping experience is required;
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar environment will be an asset, with a proven ability to provide professional, friendly and engaging service;
- Good computer literacy (experience and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities;
- Detail oriented, organized and focused on quality;
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required;
- Proven ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized and effective time management skills;
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays;
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position