The role of the Project Manager is to provide support/assistance on all aspects of development services with a particular focus on producing project deliverables.
The Project Manager must have the skills required to perform the tasks directed by our Director of Project Management as well as the drive and initiative to learn new skills.
Management Skills and Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager will support the following - project development from site identification; environmental, zoning and municipal issues; economic strategies; project management responsibilities including scope, budget and schedule development; design from conceptual through construction documents; and basic construction principals.
- Understand the project flow, sequence, and procedures including the relationships and roles of individual project team members.
- Understand and maintain the process to provide consistent and timely deliverables. This will result in high-quality deliverable results.
- Develop full knowledge of the project details in order to assist the SPD in all aspects of the project including:
- Establish project goals and expectations;
- Establish the project scope and track scope adherence throughout design and bidding and negotiation.
- Establish and track the project budget, trend log and draw process throughout the duration of the project;
- Establish, monitor and maintain the project schedule;
- Develop documents including RFP’s, contracts, “Black Books”, status reports, bid manuals, etc.;
- Review documentation provided by others including budget information, design documents, contractor bids, FF&E specifications and tracking information, proposals, invoices, etc.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables on an ongoing basis to address time-critical needs.
- Proficiency in computer skills as required to perform all required responsibilities including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project. General understanding of the professional practice of architects, interior designers, engineers, and contractors.
- Ability to read construction drawings, plans, and specifications.
Peachtree Hotel Corporate is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled